Jump to content
Fly Tying
Mogup

Some good looking hackle !!!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Hoochies (or hoochie skierts) are in the lure making department.

Phew. Thought it might be Mark-speak for rump feathers, or CDC...

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Phew. Thought it might be Mark-speak for rump feathers, or CDC...

😉

No, I call that "butt fluff".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sandan said:

Saw that saddle on CharliesFlyBox

Yeah, I saw he's selling some in-house dyed saddles. Very nice looking stuff. I'm not venturing directly there, but I did buy a couple of partly used white saddles in sizes 14-16 &18-20, and an extra grizzly neck that I'll be having some dye-fun with at some point hopefully not in the too far distant future... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I don't know what whippersnappering is or how one does it either. Can't remember calling anyone a whippersnapper. Would think I was too young to call someone a whippersnapper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

Hey, I don't know what whippersnappering is or how one does it either. Can't remember calling anyone a whippersnapper. Would think I was too young to call someone a whippersnapper?

You are the young whippersnapper boyo and it’s referring to your style of communicating with others. If you want me to elaborate it best be done with a pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to have derailed my own thread. Back to hackle This is an early Herbert tan dun cape that I got

on fleabay fot 17.00 last year.

F2BC85C1-1280-4ABB-BFD0-8BE4BDB20392.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

I am not seeing this😴😴

Maybe you're right, I only pulled the trigger on that one saddle, .........and a few boxes of hooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

Yeah, I saw he's selling some in-house dyed saddles. Very nice looking stuff. I'm not venturing directly there, but I did buy a couple of partly used white saddles in sizes 14-16 &18-20, and an extra grizzly neck that I'll be having some dye-fun with at some point hopefully not in the too far distant future... 

I'll tell you chugbug27, it looks even nicer in person. Now those pink lemonade dyed ones, I don't know.   with this lock-down BS, I hate not being able to go touch before I buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mogup said:

Sorry to have derailed my own thread. Back to hackle This is an early Herbert tan dun cape that I got

on fleabay fot 17.00 last year.

 

Vert nice. I've been looking at hebert capes. The duns are so nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Sandan said:

Saw that saddle on CharliesFlyBox

Yeah, I saw he's selling some in-house dyed saddles. Very nice looking stuff. I'm not venturing directly there, but I did buy a couple of new old stock barred cream Hoffman Super Saddles  in sizes 16-20 that I'll be having some dye-fun with at some point hopefully not in the too far distant future... 

IMG_20200507_162047.thumb.jpg.b753b2b1fb8d112f7e159a0436624b7c.jpg

Time will tell. For now doesn't look like much ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

 

 

 

Yeah, I saw he's selling some in-house dyed saddles. Very nice looking stuff. I'm not venturing directly there, but I did buy a couple of new old stock barred cream Hoffman Super Saddles  in sizes 16-20 that I'll be having some dye-fun with at some point hopefully not in the too far distant future... 

IMG_20200507_162047.thumb.jpg.b753b2b1fb8d112f7e159a0436624b7c.jpg

Time will tell. For now doesn't look like much ..

Actually, I think they look great,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petelangevin said:

Are you a boomer flat rock?  Me i’m gen X

High School Class of 1971, now age 66 going on 200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sandan said:

Vert nice. I've been looking at hebert capes. The duns are so nice

I have 1, my favorite chicken hide of all time, use it every chance I get on dry patterns.  I’ll post a picture one day but I can’t see this thread.......😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...