Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9' 5wt 4pc

Oh Oh, must not think too much about this one or...

what the heck,  it may be one of the best, of those that I recall ... and.... stopping now before I ask for quote$...

11 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

Don't tell mike, but these CRB blanks also come in two different blue colors :) lol

blue.jpg

Your secret is safe with me 

42 minutes ago, mikechell said:

😵

BUT but ... but, I don't NEED a new rod right now !!!

What does "NEED" have to do with anything.

42 minutes ago, mikechell said:

😵

BUT but ... but, I don't NEED a new rod right now !!!

Remember, it is an “ investment” not an “expense” if the service life is more than 1 year...  All I remember from college accounting, today!

Unfortunately, I am a devout fan of Wife ... when she's happy.  So, I do everything I can to keep her happy.  She lets me go fishing when ever and as often as I want, so when it comes to spending money, I don't.  More money in the bank makes her happy.  So, NEED is the driving force behind any purchase I make.

Great work as always!  What do you think of the CRB fly blanks?  I've looked at them on and off but have yet to pull the trigger.

Swamp

They're pretty nice. I'd say action wise they are a lot like the Batson series that use to be Forecast (now named Unity) but they offer some nicer colors in the CRB's.

Thanks, good to know.  Never had one in my hand and you know what it's like to read what a MFG has to say about their own product, I always feel like I just shook hands with a politician afterwards.  I might pick one up sometime when they are on sale.  Great another blank and I haven't even built what I've already got. Lol

Swamp

Yeah ya gotta love the way blank manufactures talk about their blanks .... "The latest in hi-tech space age nano technology linear super conductive flux capacitor technology of our blank helps you propel a size 32 fly 100' into a gale force wind" ...... 1.21 GIGAWATTS not included 😁

8 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

"The latest in hi-tech space age nano technology linear super conductive flux capacitor technology of our blank helps you propel a size 32 fly 100' into a gale force wind" ...... 1.21 GIGAWATTS not included

That's the dark blue one, right?  The bright blue one has the gigawatts included?

On 5/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, mikechell said:

Unfortunately, I am a devout fan of Wife ... when she's happy.  So, I do everything I can to keep her happy.  She lets me go fishing when ever and as often as I want, so when it comes to spending money, I don't.  More money in the bank makes her happy.  So, NEED is the driving force behind any purchase I make.

ok, cannot take it any longer, please PM qoute, for copy of this same color blank, of  any testing from 4.5 to 7 wgt, 5.5 = ideal.  

Nope, sorry Mike blue is an automatic 10'-20' distance penalty.  I thought that's why you liked blue so much, so you could rise to the challenge. 😁

Swamp