Fly Tying
Guest Pete

James Leisenring's personal fly tying material and signed book

4 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

Wheeeeew! I was hoping I didn't bring shame before the nations. That sounds really bad.

Yes, to be clear, I would chuck it. Your wife sounds amazing. My wife is the opposite, she likes to save things and I hate piles of her things.  What I do is I sneak one or two items in the trash and slowly throw her stuff away. She never even misses it. My stuff, I get rid of right away before it finds a comfortable home, Especially fishing stuff since it's about all I buy. If I don't use it or if I don't like it it's out. I do have a minor problem with scrap steel but I'm able shut that down when I have more then what I have plans for. It's hard for me to drive past a bed frame or broken shovel in the trash. 

So you are saying the one material thing, that you have almost have an emotional connection with, IS, heavy metal.👍👍🛒🛒😎😎

21 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

Thanks for giving OP a Leisenring “Lift,” great advice!

Unless it's my computer, it appears like someone gave Pete a "lift" right off this forum.😉  Scroll your cursor over "guest Pete" and you get nothing..

4 minutes ago, mvendon said:

Unless it's my computer, it appears like someone gave Pete a "lift" right off this forum.😉  Scroll your cursor over "guest Pete" and you get nothing..

Good point,  not sure how these guest appearances work,  maybe they time out eventually...  hopefully lurking still allowed and OP gets benefit of our Massive wisdom...

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

a minor problem with scrap steel

With scrap steel problems, it's a fine line between major and minor...

3 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Wheeeeew! I was hoping I didn't bring shame before the nations. That sounds really bad.

Yes, to be clear, I would chuck it. Your wife sounds amazing. My wife is the opposite, she likes to save things and I hate piles of her things.  What I do is I sneak one or two items in the trash and slowly throw her stuff away. She never even misses it. My stuff, I get rid of right away before it finds a comfortable home, Especially fishing stuff since it's about all I buy. If I don't use it or if I don't like it it's out. I do have a minor problem with scrap steel but I'm able shut that down when I have more then what I have plans for. It's hard for me to drive past a bed frame or broken shovel in the trash. 

I have never picked up a broken shovel out of the garbage, but scrap steel was one of the major components of the three dump truck loads to the dump. I sure do miss that stuff.😢 We had a talk after that and she now knows she's not allowed to throw my stuff away. She can do it when I die.

1 hour ago, chugbug27 said:

With scrap steel problems, it's a fine line between major and minor...

If pd was homeless, his shopping cart, would contain another shopping cart...😉

10 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

So you are saying the one material thing, that you have almost have an emotional connection with, IS, heavy metal.👍👍🛒🛒😎😎

My first concert was Black Sabbath. Oh wait different kind of metal.

7 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I have never picked up a broken shovel out of the garbage, but scrap steel was one of the major components of the three dump truck loads to the dump. I sure do miss that stuff.😢 We had a talk after that and she now knows she's not allowed to throw my stuff away. She can do it when I die.

Whoa, you didn't say that before. How dare she. I always say, the first seven years of marriage are the formative years for a wife. 

I never pulled a shovel out of the trash until I made my shovel owl and next thing you know people wanted their own. Thankfully, I've never worn out my own shovel so I have to pick them out of the trash. 

15 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

My first concert was Black Sabbath. Oh wait different kind of metal.

Whoa, you didn't say that before. How dare she. I always say, the first seven years of marriage are the formative years for a wife. 

I never pulled a shovel out of the trash until I made my shovel owl and next thing you know people wanted their own. Thankfully, I've never worn out my own shovel so I have to pick them out of the trash. 

Now I need to see your shovel owl.

I would like to refine my earlier statement, it may not be people necessarily wanting them more then they get them anyway. They seem to like them though.

owl.jpg

On 5/10/2020 at 9:59 AM, Poopdeck said:

I would like to refine my earlier statement, it may not be people necessarily wanting them more then they get them anyway. They seem to like them though.

Those are the nicest shovel owls I've ever seen.😁 Really, those are very nice.

Thanks. As you can see, it requires the picking of three shovels per owl. 

56 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

Please disregard my shopping cart comments, I can now see you are involved in target specific hoarding.  Carry On😎

3 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Yes, If I was making shovel owls, I wouldn't be passing up any in the garbage either. Very creative

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.