Fly Tying
samsonboi

Sparrow

Dunno where to put this... Guess birds are for tying flies, so putting it here. IMG_5422.thumb.jpeg.3c479b72958025bc884ff269e29a9aff.jpeg

Another bird hit the window. She was OK. I put my hand out; she looked at it, then hopped onto my finger.spacer.png

I transferred her onto my thumb. She was OK with this as well, and just looked at me for a while, then flew to the nearest bush and perched there. This is a female white-throated sparrow.

Great picture

Had Euro collared dove slam window, Wednesday, ironically I had been seeking to harvest 1 for soft hackles and experimental dinner.  It was a very young, small one and I did not want to dispatch it.  Watched it a bit, when I reached to pick it up, it flew to a low shrub, then into large Blue Spruce..  Birds win two rounds this week!

Thanks for posting👍

2 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

Great picture

Had Euro collared dove slam window, Wednesday, ironically I had been seeking to harvest 1 for soft hackles and experimental dinner.  It was a very young, small one and I did not want to dispatch it.  Watched it a bit, when I reached to pick it up, it flew to a low shrub, then into large Blue Spruce..  Birds win two rounds this week!

Thanks for posting👍

A few of us go to Kansas every summer to hunt doves.  They're ok, a bit "livery" takes a bunch to make a meal out of.  They are fun to shoot.....at