Jump to content
Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pickin6ofem

Creekin in California

Recommended Posts

I was able to hit up one of my local creeks here in CA. I little social distance fishing was just what I needed. The fish were small but plentiful and hit dry flies with reckless abandon. It’s nice to see some of the creeks here in CA recovering after like 10 years of bad drought. Pretty amazing how these fish can survive! I hope some of you are able to get out and enjoy some of your local water!  
 

Pickin’ 

A8E4C472-30F5-4DFC-AD0D-D3ABA7A934C8.jpeg

51F33AA8-D280-48E6-A8B0-A395D553699A.jpeg

BA920A40-52CA-451C-B99C-60ACA181B5CB.jpeg

E269575D-CA68-462E-A00A-C3D968344695.jpeg

7CE8D66C-6098-4306-8B61-EBEDD2DCA5DB.jpeg

1803499D-2A95-48C7-B7CE-CFE085881443.jpeg

D407923D-692B-40FC-8D08-F5AF863926CD.jpeg

F4D8209C-3711-48AF-B596-B4B5310B29DB.jpeg

40716438-E69C-46A2-803D-8E7ED44CBF5F.jpeg

93175334-D2E8-4BE7-80A0-6574813A7FA2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to hit the San Joaquin River when I am in Mantica, CA each year.  Didn't get the chance last year, but will next fall if life is back to normal.  Mostly little Bass in that part of the waterway.

Nice little Trout ... pretty.  And some beautiful shots of the creek.  Thank you for posting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice water, nice fish, who could ask for more. Glad you got some of them before the heron did.

Any fishin's good fishin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikechell said:

I try to hit the San Joaquin River when I am in Mantica, CA each year.  Didn't get the chance last year, but will next fall if life is back to normal.  Mostly little Bass in that part of the waterway.

Nice little Trout ... pretty.  And some beautiful shots of the creek.  Thank you for posting them.

That’s awesome the SJ is in my list somehow it had eluded me this far, but hopefully soon. I hope you can get in so much needed water time, it really clears ones head. 

3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Nice water, nice fish, who could ask for more. Glad you got some of them before the heron did.

Any fishin's good fishin'.

Thanks. I watched it sneak up on a slot I was eyeballing. Sure enough he ducked down, moved in and slammed a fish! It was way cool to see. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. Sounds like a great day, beautiful little trout. Mother Nature's ability to heal herself is astounding sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting,  only slightly envious here, maybe a couple more weeks before roads dry out better (don’t like tearing them up, with 4wd) and we have forest access to sites like this gorgeous crick.

Did you breakout your Favorite to tease em up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

That's a pretty little stream there :)

It really is, I’m super glad it’s has life. It got hit pretty hard. 

 

6 hours ago, niveker said:

Very nice. Sounds like a great day, beautiful little trout. Mother Nature's ability to heal herself is astounding sometimes.

It was great. I agree it is astounding how the earth can heal. I can tell you that living here in LA I’ve never seen cleaner air than during this pandemic. 
 

 

3 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

Thanks for posting,  only slightly envious here, maybe a couple more weeks before roads dry out better (don’t like tearing them up, with 4wd) and we have forest access to sites like this gorgeous crick.

Did you breakout your Favorite to tease em up?

my pleasure I kind of forgot there was more than just a swaps page haha. Glad you enjoyed it, I sure did. I’ll keep an eye out for your trip report, which I hope for your sake is not too long from now. 
 

it was a dry fly action and I didn’t even need my droppers. I actually did A double dry set up a Stimi and trailed a tiny parachute Adams a foot n a half behind. It was super fun. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...