Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Been 1 year today

Exactly 1 year ago today, just after midnight, was one of the worst days of my life. I lost my Sister Tracy at only 51 yrs old. She was my big Sister, my connection to my childhood, and my best friend. The past year at times has seemed like it was more than a year, and others it seemed like it hasn't been that long at all. I've had my up's & down's dealing with it the past year. Some times I do okay and I laugh and smile, and other times I feel myself wanting to slip back into old habits to push the pain out of my head. But I keep going, because I know that's what Tracy would want for me. She would want me to live my life, be happy, fish, and then fish some more. It's been a hard year at times, I think of her every single day, but life is about change. It's not always the change we want, but we have to accept that change and then adapt to it. Because the only other thing we can do is give up, and that's simply not an option. She is always in my heart no matter where I go or what I do.

tracy.jpg

Steve, I lost my little brother when he was  just past his 51st birthday. It's been 10 years and I still think about him most every day. The memories are there but somehow we learn to accept what happened and not trying  to sound cliche it does get easier as we learn to accept what happened. May peace be with you and may your sister be in your memories forever.

Les

Loss is always hard and in your case even more so. Just remember the great times you guys had and continue to be the person she knew you to be. 

Nick