Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
samsonboi

Fran Betters Fly Swap- over

I guess. I really did want to fill it, but... I guess I'll do a due date. 

DUE DATE IS NOW SET. YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR FLIES IN BY JUNE 25th.

13 hours ago, samsonboi said:

I guess. I really did want to fill it, but... I guess I'll do a due date. 

DUE DATE IS NOW SET. YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR FLIES IN BY JUNE 25th.

I might re-enroll later, when I know the total flies that should be sent.  Otherwise, the ones I have done are yours, gratis, to give the other swappers.  I  do not want any flies back at this phase............

Samsonboi, I apologize but I just more or less forgot about this swap going on. I know there was a lot of trouble getting this swap going ahead but now that you've set a due date that is still leaving  time I'll get in for sure. I told you earlier I would but plain forgot with all the others I was working on. I'll look up flies and find something in there to tie.

My flies will be a little late Also PM

me your address !!!!

this is the beginning flies will mail Monday

294C83F8-0D1E-424E-BCA0-B96C5DB2F5FA.jpeg

Woodenlegs, Vicrider, and Alberta Al have their flies in at this point. I am waiting on adkfan cause he said he was still in. I’m thinking SpringCreek is gonna default.

Samsonboi, there comes a time when you need to firm up on your swaps if you're going to get people to join you in swapping. Your swaps seem to go on forever and there comes a time when you have post dates and without good reason from a late comer keep those dates. Send reminders toward the end and if they're not on their way on time you may just have to shut the swap down and send out and divvy up what you have. A six month swap gets a little ridiculous. I've forgotten we even had this going but now I'm anxious for both the flies and the promised box from you. If someone from our board just doesn't keep commitment let me know and that person will have to explain before being in swaps here again.

Nick

i agree with the above ^^^

i hope in the future you try to run a fly swap on only one forum at a time. you're running the same swap on two different forums

i remember a swap you hosted on the classic forum that lasted over 5 months. this one is about 2 months long and no end in sight

its one reason i wont join your swaps as you do not follow up on your own set deadlines and just let it slip by.

not a good way to run a swap as people wont want to sign up

Well people did get signed up late. I was really hoping that the other 2 members would get their flies in. Also the flies have been out in transit from my place for a couple days now. It was 2 guys from CFRF that defaulted and I did send several reminders.

Nick, thanks for reminding me about the box. I forgot to put it in the package but I will send it out by itself now.

I should have reminded you sooner. I even had the PO weigh the return package with a Perrine box on it to cover extra postage and included a bigger envelope. Oh well, I tried to make it easy for you. Will look forward to flies and box in future. Right now I have a package that's traveled halfway around the country and is finally getting closer. I love our little PO and the gals who work there but right now the USPS is having it's own share of troubles keeping up with everything since mail order and online ordering is putting a burden on shipping, plus overseas shipping is a nightmare with the reduced plane travel. I'm only thankful USPS, UPS, Fedex, and any others keeping us supplied are doing their best to keep up with things.

Nick