Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGuy141

UV adhesives/epoxies

Never a fan of flexible glues or even  flexible resins.   Reaffirmed that.   Prolly still be good with eyes in EP fiber streamers if you don’t mix up things ie flexible combined with ridgid...And give a couple of days to fully dry between the 2...flexible over hard prolly work but hard over flexible NADA!

46 minutes ago, denduke said:

Anybody put the fusion ontop of SallyHansens or UV or the other way around. I tried it and it turned into a fuzzy peach😳.  I’ve made a bunch of junk today. I got 2 bottles of this chit!😡

Hey girls y’all need some fabric glue to make your Covid masks????   Just takes a few days to dry....😝

Why on earth would you put UV or SA under or over it???? I didn't think of making masks with it, that's a good idea. Just a thought but since styrofoam is eaten by everything on your bench, perhaps it's the styrofoam. Hmmmmmmmmmm. 

21 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Dangit, I just ordered some of the same stuff and now I regret it. I just don't have that much time to let a fly dry, and I want my stuff crystal clear.

Don't Regret it Mark, it's very useful for eyes, fibery baitfish heads, as an overcoat and possibly mask making. It is not epoxy so use it wisely. 

Tried to salvage this stuff😏Thinking twice about doing the eyes on all this stuff...Naw!

1D71E301-91B5-40CC-8F1D-D7B95CA3E3F8.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

Why on earth would you put UV or SA under or over it???? I didn't think of making masks with it, that's a good idea. Just a thought but since styrofoam is eaten by everything on your bench, perhaps it's the styrofoam. Hmmmmmmmmmm. 

Don't Regret it Mark, it's very useful for eyes, fibery baitfish heads, as an overcoat and possibly mask making. It is not epoxy so use it wisely. 

I'll try anything once. Except drugs, I never tried drugs. Kids, don't do drugs.

Just pulled the coating off these eyes. 2days.    I figure when I tie a fiber fly on the leader I better not touch or deform the eye.   Flexible means scratchable.   Dobb some more on to clear it back and wait 2 days 😡.  I bet I can put a hard shell around a lil marshmallow with UV resin.  Junk  for any of my purposes.  Romper room glue.  I pulled it off and saved the eyes.  Youse guys need to start selling snake oil 😝

961A1103-EA06-4742-9A86-78AD38C19031.jpeg

BC2DB226-89B3-4010-B95A-0698D61F9454.jpeg