Fly Tying
imaxfli78

Whats a good rib....

On 5/19/2020 at 10:04 AM, flytire said:

the reply box has always been below the "quote" button. its not a new feature on this new forum software 

ūüĎćūüėÄ

Yes, the big 'Reply' button is obvious, as is the big 'Quote' button.  The question was how to reply to a specific user's post within a thread.   

Use the 'Quote' button, and the member quoted will be notified if they have that option enabled.  That will also copy and paste the entire post, which can cause alot of clutter if not used efficiently.    Or, as you ( @flytire ) pointed out to me, if using the 'Reply' button, start your reply with '@' followed immediately by the member's name, you'll get a drop-down menu, and can click on the name you want to reply to.  I'm not sure if that triggers a notification to the member replied to.  

@imaxfli78

hit the 'Reply' button on the bottom of the page.  In your reply, when your type '@' followed directly by the member's name that you are replying to, you'll get a drop-down menu and can click on the appropriate member.  But, I'm not sure if that triggers a notification to the member replied to.  

I used to use stripped quills and from my experience they were pretty fragile.

Started bleaching and dying moose mane to suit my needs and while it worked after several fish the mane would get tore up.

Finally started using  PowerPro  microdeema line which usually comes in a four strand variety.  Took the time to separate the four strands and now use that for most of my ribbing needs, especially on small midges.  Then apply with tip of toothpick a small dab of superglue to further bulletproof the ribbing material.  Works like a charm.  

While I have never used all four strands for larger flies it ought to work just fine.

30 minutes ago, kerusso said:

I used to use stripped quills and from my experience they were pretty fragile.

Started bleaching and dying moose mane to suit my needs and while it worked after several fish the mane would get tore up.

Finally started using  PowerPro  microdeema line which usually comes in a four strand variety.  Took the time to separate the four strands and now use that for most of my ribbing needs, especially on small midges.  Then apply with tip of toothpick a small dab of superglue to further bulletproof the ribbing material.  Works like a charm.  

While I have never used all four strands for larger flies it ought to work just fine.

Don't know if you're aware, but they are selling artificial biots now they work fine. Hemingway and Hareline are 2 of the  companies that offer them

On 5/19/2020 at 7:31 AM, samsonboi said:

the "Quote" button to quote someone.

To quote just a part of a post simply high light the part wanted, pause a moment and the balloon thing will appear that  says "quote selection"; it can be a single word-

On 5/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, imaxfli78 said:

Where