Fly Tying
Piker20

Anyone using a mulching lawn mower?

Provided you don't have any aggressive cows in the herd, have a visitor go into the pasture with a five gallon bucket and then have them use the bucket as a seat.  They should have nothing but cow noses at about eye level surrounding them in short order. Of course that's about the time you call out to the visitor with a warning not to move too fast because the cows haven't had enough protein in their diet lately. The momentary look you get before they realize you are messing with them is priceless.

Swamp

Denduke, that blade reminds me of when I was a teenager and worked in a small engine repair shop.  We once got a mower in to be repaired that "wouldn't start". The mower had the blade sticking up through the top of the mower deck, it was a subtle clue as to what the problem might be.  Come to find out that she had hit an old iron pipe sticking out of the ground.  The crankshaft was bent almost 45*.  She did not understand why we couldn't just straighten the crankshaft.

Swamp

If i replace my current mower with a mulcher it will be a 100% mulching machine and not a 3:1 or 4:1.

My wife is bound to say the dogs paddling in bits so I might try and see if a dealer is local and will loan one for a 24hr trial. 

If it was upto me the lawn would be gone and it would be a huge pond with bridges and paths over it 

So if the lawn where to die and turned into a dust bowl or sodden mess a pond might be viewed in a better light?  Just saying...😈

No I'm NOT suggesting you try that! She would probably make mince meat out of you and then you would fly over here to do the same to me! LOL!

Good plan with borrowing a mower. That should give you a much better idea with your particular situation.

Let us know how it works out, I'm kind of curious now.

Swamp

Misdirection....Get one of those bristle burlap door mats and encourage the wifey to train the mutts to wipe their feet😉👍

Let us know what it’s like in the dog house😝

Haha, we've had so many door mats of various claimed abilities. 

I'll have to wait until 'lockdown' is lifted and then I can source a local shop or two. 

I mow with a Husqvarna tractor. Some places the grass piles up in windrows. Looked onto a mulching unit for the tractor but it didn't get good reviews online. My wife runs over the windrows with a push mower and the mulching cover over the discharge. Saves raking and bagging. One nice thing about cows, they fertilize the yard, too. Just don't go out without shoes or run over the cow pies with the mower. Then the mower becomes a manure spreader.