Fly Tying

"A Few Minutes With Al Beatty"

Its refreshing to read about the people behind the articles we see in our favorite fly fishing magazines. These people have paid their dues. I have found that most fly fisherman (including the ladies) are giving of their experiences on and off the water. Thank you for presenting this article and look forward to additional life stories.

Blackwater

Great questions and great answers.

This is probably the only interview I have ever read completely. Thanks!

Al, I just got back from the St. Joe and had the fishing trip of my life outside of Avery. What a beautiful place! I can see why you love Idaho. The fishing here in the drifless doesn't even come close to Idaho.

Hi dhchin,

The St. Joe and the Lochsa Rivers are our two favorite places to fish. Kelly Creek is the third. In my opinion all three are a piece of heaven but what the heck would I know! Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Great article and an even better idea of doing so! I must say that I have admired Al and Gretchen for some time now but more than their accomlishments in the fly tying world there is something else that I admire even more. about 4 or 5 years ago I placed a call to the FFF in livingston to inquire about a display case full of over 300 antique fly's that I had purchased. Somehow or another I ended up speaking to Al over the phone, not only did he spend about 30 minutes talking to me, he also gave me the phone numbers of some other VIP types that would help answer some of the questions that I had.

A lot to be said about a persons accomplishements in this life but even more to be said about an accomplishment of great character, that is measured in the passionate way they so willing share. Thanks again Al...