Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Hummingbird Mayfly - Davie McPhail

Hi thanks for the tip I regularly watch advise you tube channel he's great teacher the kind of fly fishing I do now is pike fly fishing which I tie and design my own flies for mainly to tie imitation prey fish watt the pike eat in the broads and rivers of the UK I mainly boat fish as I am in the Norfolk and district pike club trout fishing in in the UK is very expensive and pike fly fishing is a lot more affordable plus the rush you get when the pike hammers the file is great fish on baby

Kind regards Steve😉 

Not sure what this trout fly has anything to do with pike fishing. Probably should be another thread

Very cool fly and Davie is a tier extraordinaire. On most of his videos I can understand almost every word says but on this one I missed about half of them. I'll have watch it a few more times and see if I can pick up a few more.

Nice fly, nice tie, nice video. I think that bug could catch a lot of different kinds of fish. Probably not my first pick for pike though. Thanks for posting Norm.

As a lifelong birder and flyfisherman, I just have to say...that's really cool!👍

3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

On most of his videos I can understand almost every word says but on this one I missed about half of them. I'll have watch it a few more times and see if I can pick up a few more.

If you really want to get confused, try listening with the Close Caption on.

i worked in a british submarine shipyard many years ago and the computer aided drafting instructor was scottish

lets just say davies accent is mild compared to Alun's accent. night and day

i see nothing wrong with any of davies videos. one of the best tyers producing videos as far as i'm concerned

if the accent is offensive there is the button to turn it off 👍

theres a lot worse out there

It's not that it's offensive, and you are right, he's one of the best, I just couldn't understand him. I still enjoyed it.

Wrapping the peacock breast feathers strands for bodies is like pheasant tail bodies only iridescent!   Idea for some buggy creations never thought about.... A winged dry fly.... that’s been awhile for me   Got a few feathers when KingGeorge our peacock got run over few years ago....Ahyaw! Ahyaw! 😳sounded like a Tarzan movie around here😛

61B89988-0C5B-40C6-861E-E98AEBDC5783.jpeg

4DE68D1C-0573-4E93-80E2-E9E57B1ED1D6.png

Those feathers are amazing.

Davie has about the best You tube videos out there.  If you want to hear the other end of the accent spectrum, try "Richard Gene the Fishing Machine."