Fly Tying
troutfly7

PA fisherman

I live in Fayette county there are some real sweet spots down here. Fish western Maryland and West Virginia. Some great place to get away from the crowds and catch some big boys!!!!

Another one from the other side: Chester County - East & West Branch of the Brandywine, French Creek, Valley Creek

Can't wait to hit some other streams in PA this season:

Tulpehocken Creek

Little Lehigh

Pine Creek

Kettle Creek

Little Juniata

Penns Creek

and then list goes on!!

~Chip

You all may have seen the movie, "Streams of Dreams"

Remember the part when "Waderless Joe Jackson" is leaving the stream and heading back into the cornfield. He turns and says, "Is this Heaven?"

Kevin Kostner answers, "No this is Pennsylvania."

Waderles Joe Jackson says, "Sure looks like Heaven."

And who can forget the theme: "If you tie it, they will take it."

That's my favorite part as I remember it.

Conehead

Origionaly from Tampa Fla moved to Pa 16 years ago. Now live in Allegehny County. Fish local and any stream/river/ ditch that supposed to hold fish.

Conehead I like your style. biggrin.gif

We should get the Pa posse together someday.

I live in Latrobe! Home of Arnie Palmer, Mr Rodgers, Rolling Rock Beer and me headbang.gif I like to fish the local streams but, I am real partial to the streams of Potter County. tongue.gif

I live in Latrobe! Home of Arnie Palmer, Mr Rodgers, Rolling Rock Beer and me  I like to fish the local streams but, I am real partial to the streams of Potter County.

I will be up Potter for first day. What creeks you plan on hittin? I will probably be on the First Fork in the morning and then go out to Kettle Creek later on. Also, it would be nice if we could get a big group of guys from PA together for a trip sometime this summer.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pennsylvaniaflyfishing/

QUOTE (nedbm3 @ Mar 29 2005, 09:03 PM)
I live in Latrobe! Home of Arnie Palmer, Mr Rodgers, Rolling Rock Beer and me  I like to fish the local streams but, I am real partial to the streams of Potter County.

I will be up Potter for first day. What creeks you plan on hittin? I will probably be on the First Fork in the morning and then go out to Kettle Creek later on. Also, it would be nice if we could get a big group of guys from PA together for a trip sometime this summer.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pennsylvaniaflyfishing/

I'm not sure if I will fish Potter the first day. Right now I'm leaning on going to Erie for steelhead. I have a camp near Coudersport and been fishing the area for over 40 years. Soooo much water to fish, from stockies to natives. Some of the streams I like to fish are the Allegheny, Freemans run, Nine mile, Sunken branch, Lyman run, Little Pine, Kettle, Little Kettle and the list goes on and on.

Pittsburgh. Fish Pine and Deer Creeks mostly. What is wrong with J. Johnson? Moving FROM Tampa to the Pittsburgh area? That is downright crazy. I mean I like it here but if I'm from Florida I definitly ain't gonna move here. And all Pittsburghers who replied, where is the Yinz, and Yous Guys, an dat? gun_bandana.gif gunsmilie.gif

P.S. LETS GO BROWNS ( just joking!! tongue.gif )

Many, many years ago, I lived on the Allegheny River, 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. The town is Schenley, went to school at Leechburg. Moved to Calif. over 40 years ago. Still a die hard Steeler fan, and would you believe it I still root for the Pirates!!!

Is the fishing in the Allegheny River okay?

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll