Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

SpaceX launch

Was so glad they were able to get the launch in today and not have to postpone it again. Loved being able to watch us restart our space program.

i caught it right before i went golfing. Really cool coverage and that rocket landing on the ship was pretty sweet. Have to take a look at those space suits in more detail eventually. They look way different. Assume they aren't NASA suits. 

I enjoyed it as well. It harkened me back to NASA's heyday when everything stopped for a good rocket launch. The one and only thing that bummed me out was not seeing the stage one rocket return to the drone ship pad. They had a shot of the empty pad and then it changed to the rocket sitting on it. I was hoping to see it actually come back down and land. Maybe I can find it on YouTube. 

i watched numerous spacex launches and it seems they almost always lose the camera feed on the landing barge out in the ocean but it did stick the landing in the target zone

it is an engineering marvel that they can actually land and recover that first stage section and refurbish it for the next flight

I was a bit bummed about them losing the feed as well for the booster when it sat back down. That was one of the main things I wanted to see. If it happens all the time then I'm wondering if maybe the rocket sitting back down perhaps interferes temporally with the video feed or something. 

It sure is an engineering marvel. I was hoping they would have recorded it coming all the way down just like when it went up. Good news is it looks like there will be plenty more opportunities to see it in the future. 

They've shown the landings on the pads at the Space Center.

And on the ship.

We didn't see the launch yesterday, from our house ... too cloudy.  But we DID hear and feel it.  We live about 20 miles or so from the launch sites.

Just boggles the mind. Mike I had seen the first video, but never saw the 2nd one where it came back to the barge. That's the one I was wanting to see :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this