Fly Tying
flytire

June Flies From the Vise

On 6/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, James said:

Damsel nymph going out tomorrow with a few of these and drys 

Like that fly, James.  What did the fish think?  That's all ostrich, I'm assuming - how durable is it?

On 6/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, Mogup said:
On 6/26/2020 at 8:04 AM, Sandan said:

Charlie Craven's soft hackle emerger. 

Very nice Sandan.  How do you like your Dyna King ?   You keep it nice and shiny !

Thanks Mogup. I really like my Dyna King, it's a Professional model.  It's simple, holds hooks with a real tenacity w/o much tension. I switch to the midge jaws when I go 18 or smaller. As to shiny, well, every now and then I wipe it down, especially after tying w/ hair. Also every once in a while I grease the threads under on the shaft that the collet screws down on as well as a light coat on the shaft of the jaws. I'd wholeheartedly recommend a Dyna King vise in any of their configurations judging by mine.  It's also pretty bomb proof.

Restocking some Henryville Specials, some stray fibers from the underwing mixed in with the body hackle.  

IMG-20200629-093418a.jpg

These are my first attempts at intruder type flies.  All tied with FTD parts, for the most part (synthetics).  Top fly is a tube fly, followed by a Skykomish Sunrise color and then a Scandi type fly.  Crowded the head on.it.  working on proportions.  The tube posted upside down, not that it matters.  These flies have a ton of movement and the shoulders don't collapse.

Hello Gents, Its been a long time!

Great to see so many fantastic Photo's and epic tie's. The site looks good, better then I remember. I haven't been tying for a couple years (not that I was ever any good)

no excuses really  :)

Here is a foam hex I did today.

Body..foam

Tail.. Pheasant

Hook..Gamakatsu 344405 #10

and some other stuff you guys already know and can see.

hope all you lads are doing alright.

Peace,

XterraBill

Hex.jpg

Welcome back, xterrabill.  I'd say you are your own worst critic, as with most members here.  That hex is an excellent looking streamer.  😄

14 hours ago, niveker said:

Like that fly, James.  What did the fish think?  That's all ostrich, I'm assuming - how durable is it?

By friend and I each caught about 8 fish each I hooked into two nice cutbow with the damsel nymphs I think he caught 4 they hold up quite well I wrap them with wire to keep them from from shredding plus I will twist the ostrich into a rope 4 or 5 fibers before wrapping the body.