Fly Tying
flytire

June Flies From the Vise

YO McFlyLures

Two shad jointed to be one fly.   But I must say that material choice is a key factor.  Your flies look perfect for this. Enrico Puglisi EP fibres are a great choice. I think that is what you used, or an equivalent too.  Water repelling, less dense material are a must when making bigger flies. (just my opinion)   Materials that absorbs water (and doesn't shed it during your false casts)  are worthless.  It's like trying to cast a wet sock.  I have made "A LOT" of awesome looking flies in my hand that sucked on the end of my fly line..LOL  Even when casting with 9 and 10 weight set-ups.   I go big for bass. LOL.   If you attach this little gem at the end of your mono or wire connecting extension, you can detach the trailing fly any time you want.  BOOM!

shopping.png

3 hours ago, DOUG STOUT said:

YO McFlyLures

Two shad jointed to be one fly.   But I must say that material choice is a key factor.  Your flies look perfect for this. Enrico Puglisi EP fibres are a great choice. I think that is what you used, or an equivalent too.  Water repelling, less dense material are a must when making bigger flies. (just my opinion)   Materials that absorbs water (and doesn't shed it during your false casts)  are worthless.  It's like trying to cast a wet sock.  I have made "A LOT" of awesome looking flies in my hand that sucked on the end of my fly line..LOL  Even when casting with 9 and 10 weight set-ups.   I go big for bass. LOL.   If you attach this little gem at the end of your mono or wire connecting extension, you can detach the trailing fly any time you want.  BOOM!

Ok thanks

1 hour ago, MuskyFlyGuy said:

Mogup 

I really like the looks and colors of that fly. 
tom

Thanks Musky.  Pretty much all Ringneck dyed olive and some Whiting American saddles grizzly dyed olive.

Hay TSMcDougald

You ask about dubbing for the thorax I like to use a couple different materials on flies that are size 12 or larger one is good old Ice dubbing and the other is quick decent this one has some weight to it and helps  to keep under  and provide a bit of flash swinging wet on a spey rod is a gas is you have not tried.

TS 

These are size 6 that I have been swinging also I will be heading out to the Colorado sometime the end of June with box full of these and streamers 

20200527_135337.jpg

20200527_135139.jpg

5 hours ago, Mogup said:

Julius very nice. Is that spun deerhair ? Looks very fine ?

Thanks! The head is spun deer belly hair. I bought two patches, the other was much coarser.

1 hour ago, James said:

Hay TSMcDougald

You ask about dubbing for the thorax I like to use a couple different materials on flies that are size 12 or larger one is good old Ice dubbing and the other is quick decent this one has some weight to it and helps  to keep under  and provide a bit of flash swinging wet on a spey rod is a gas is you have not tried.

That was niveker that asked about the thorax dubbing.

5 hours ago, James said:

Thanks for the reply, I am not familiar with quick descent dubbing.  Very nice flies.  All 'round.