Jump to content
Fly Tying
flytire

June Flies From the Vise

Recommended Posts

On 6/4/2020 at 6:22 PM, Sandan said:

Nice job for a guy who can't see and is getting "screwed" by his vise😉. or is it vice?

He's from New Orleans where there are more vices that vises...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivemyer’s Hot-Spot Emerger (variation)

49978032691_7f4c29e6c3_c.jpg

49978032786_64f8b4c0ce_c.jpg

49978295607_be62e5c1ab_c.jpg

Found this on Lucian Vasies’ site; swapped out the calftail wing for snowshoe hair.

hook - WFC Model 28 #12
thread - Veevus tan
tag - UTC 140 fluoro orange
body - biot tan
thorax - Ice Dub hare’s ear tan
wing - snowshoe rabbit foot
hackle - ginger

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SBPatt said:

Ivemyer’s Hot-Spot Emerger (variation)

49978032691_7f4c29e6c3_c.jpg

49978032786_64f8b4c0ce_c.jpg

49978295607_be62e5c1ab_c.jpg

Found this on Lucian Vasies’ site; swapped out the calftail wing for snowshoe hair.

hook - WFC Model 28 #12
thread - Veevus tan
tag - UTC 140 fluoro orange
body - biot tan
thorax - Ice Dub hare’s ear tan
wing - snowshoe rabbit foot
hackle - ginger

Regards,
Scott

Do you fish these just under the surface film of do you use a small split shot to get them deep in the column 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarrellP said:

more vices than vises...

Not at the moment...

🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, James said:

Do you fish these just under the surface film of do you use a small split shot to get them deep in the column 

Never split shot; the fly floats with the butt hanging down, resting on the hackles.

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McFlyLures said:

Some more of those shad flies...  

 

Awesome stuff McFly! How are you doing the split-tail feathers? Or is that a secret?😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, caloosa bug said:

Awesome stuff McFly! How are you doing the split-tail feathers? Or is that a secret?😁

Lol!  Just rub the top of one feather and the bottom of another with a bodkin...  will force it upward.  Not a secret now....  but it never was.  I’ve seen this technique for other things.  Used it for this and it worked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lafontaine-s-Halo-Mayfly-Emerger-1080.jp

Lafontaine Halo Mayfly Emerger

Hook - Standard dry fly

Thread - Color to match dubbing

Tag - Clear antron

Tail - Marabou fibers

Abdomen - Your favorite dubbing mix

Halo - Clear closed cell foam (common packing foam)

Thorax - Your favorite dubbing mix (dubbed thicker than abdomen)

Spike - Orange deer hair (extending out over the eye of the hook)

Tied in olive, brown, cream or other collors to match hatches

Originator - Gary Lafontaine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...