Fly Tying
breambuster

Final Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box Series. DLHWOI

This Covid-19 has me shutdown and siting and tying flies, the most of one pattern tied at one time is Fifthy. I started tying flies in 1994 and had never fished till 1998 when a friend ask if I'd like to go. After that trip I was hooked on fly fishing for trout is creeks and streams.  Favorite places is Northern New Mexico and Colorado

Hey Guys, I asked for 1 replacement and got 2. Does anyone object to an 11th swapper? I will tell him that since flies are already in the mail, he may not get a full set, but if there are extras, I’ll give him 1. What do you guys think?

BB

I don't know how many groups I sent but I do know I sent 3 and 2 were related to the swap and the third was for dirty water use. You can always break them up if I didn't sent more than the minimum group number.

First, thanks to all for allowing me to come in at 11 1/2 spot in your swap!

My flies are in the mailbox for tomorrow's mail.

Tied two versions of one of my favorites, an Indian Streamer.  It's like it's tier - old, simple, cheap, and effective!

It's a pattern based on an ancient Iroquois bird bone lure.

Version 1

Hook - 3XL-4XL streamer Hook - think Mustad 9672 - I tied these on Size 4 (can tie on 10->1/0)

Body - White wool yarn - I used Einband-Lopi 2 strand white wrapped 3 times

Back - Peacock herl

Thread - black (or brown, olive)

Version 2

Same hook, thread, and body as above - body wrapped only twice just for the heck of it! (Tiers perogative!)

Back - brown bucktail dyed olive under Peacock Flashabou

This pattern is on many Canadian and Great Lake fishers top ten lists.  I love it!

On 6/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, Woodenlegs said:

This Covid-19 has me shutdown and siting and tying flies, the most of one pattern tied at one time is Fifthy. I started tying flies in 1994 and had never fished till 1998 when a friend ask if I'd like to go. After that trip I was hooked on fly fishing for trout is creeks and streams.  Favorite places is Northern New Mexico and Colorado

Similar story for me (with a little more grey hair involved!).  I've been tying flies for the past 48 years and fly fishing for ~37 years.  I was a light/ultralight spin fisherman and fished using a casting bubble.

Just wanted to report that Fishingbobnelson’s flies are here, and as you would expect from anything that comes from Bob’s vise, they are super nice. It’s great to be swapping with you again Fishingbob.

BB

58 minutes ago, breambuster said:

Just wanted to report that Fishingbobnelson’s flies are here, and as you would expect from anything that comes from Bob’s vise, they are super nice. It’s great to be swapping with you again Fishingbob.

BB

Thanks for the kind words.  Good to be back on the Forum.  Wife is doing much better with new Chemo.  It was pretty rough for a while.  Thanks for all the support from the guys on this site.  It meant a lot to me and Sharon.

Fishingbobnelson. I am so glad that Sharon is better. Hopefully, the chemo will eradicate every single cancer cell..

BB

Mine will be in the mail 7/2/2020

Steve-stabgnid

Tracking number: 9500 1155 9402 0184 2147 82

ETA: 7/7/20

11 Sugar River Shiners

hook: any streamer hook

tail: golden pheasant tippet

body: silver tinsel

wing:: white bucktail over which is light blue bucktail over which is olive bucktail

topping: a golden pheasant crest feather and 3 or 4 peacock herl

Hey Guys, We have 2 more sets that I need to acknowledge. Pickin6’s flies arrived a couple of days ago and Shmang’s came today. Two more sets of very nice flies for you Well-Stocked Fly Box. Looking good,

BB