Fly Tying
Landon P

Where are the contests?

Landon, you're a little too late I guess. By the way, your title said nothing but I fixed it. We have just come through and are finishing up on a slew of contests. There is still one with time to jump in on. Samsonboi has one specific to Fran Better flies. Breambuster has one that is actually the finish of a run of swaps but not required to have past participation. Just finished with bass, terrestrials, favorite flies, and even an entire fly box exchange. We kept busy with them during the mandatory shutdown time and now we're getting into time to use them but I'm sure more will be coming along. Just watch the board and if you're been in on three swaps in the past just run one yourself. I'm in.

19 hours ago, vicrider said:

Landon, you're a little too late I guess. By the way, your title said nothing but I fixed it. We have just come through and are finishing up on a slew of contests. There is still one with time to jump in on. Samsonboi has one specific to Fran Better flies. Breambuster has one that is actually the finish of a run of swaps but not required to have past participation. Just finished with bass, terrestrials, favorite flies, and even an entire fly box exchange. We kept busy with them during the mandatory shutdown time and now we're getting into time to use them but I'm sure more will be coming along. Just watch the board and if you're been in on three swaps in the past just run one yourself. I'm in.

I'm talking about contests not swaps. My parents will not let me participate in any :(

10-4. Yes, I know they used to have contests but I haven't seen any on here for the years I've been active. I guess Smalliehunter used to run them but not anymore. Have thought about doing one myself but not sure of format or prizes. When your parents let you jump into some of the swaps. A great way to continue to improve.

If they'd trust your address with an old 76 year old moderator on the board I think I could make it work for me to be the only one to have your address and your flies would come to me along with mine, then I'd re-route them to you. Mention that to them. I'm really not at all Dahmer-like.

Nick

I don't know Nick rides a motorcycle cycle. Honestly I think this is probably one of the safest places on the internet including your own Facebook profile. It's almost entirely made up of old guys to the point where stalking minors here would be pretty ridiculous. Also almost no one uses pictures of themselves or shares them, Steve keeps all the addresses and information for every swap meister, almost everyone who hosts swaps has been swapping here for at least a few years. You could also get a po.box I believe it's about 10$ a month. I use my po box for swaps but really it's not needed imo since I don't share my address with anyone not in my swap, but I have the po box so I can have people send checks for my business without possibly giving my address to a pissed client should I ever have one.

Landon,

Why not ask your Dad if you can participate in a swap using his business address instead of your home address?  That way, he has some control over personal information. I dont know how the contests were run,but if you exchanged flies for judging, thats not a whole lot different than mailing flies for a swap.

Landon's parents are wise and should be able to parent as they see fit without interference from nameless faceless people on the internet. Respect their wishes, you will thank them one day Landon. 

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

Landon's parents are wise and should be able to parent as they see fit without interference from nameless faceless people on the internet. Respect their wishes, you will thank them one day Landon. 

+2

Okay Landon, here's your chance. I'm going to run a contest since the title says that and I have a reel to put up for the contest.