Jump to content
Fly Tying
Poopdeck

DANG MARK!! On Forged in fire again

Recommended Posts

I just turned on forged and fire beat the judges and who do I see........MARK! I'm pulling for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I kind of got my butt handed to me on this one. They say I can keep coming back as long as I continue to be a glutton for punishment. It's kind of a round-robin thing so I'll be back.

I gotta say, it's a lot more fun to win, but like they say. "You can't win them all".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the results you were hoping for but it's still awesome. You are in rare company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep meaning to search the first one you were on Mark. I'll have to remember to look it up on demand when I get home. What season & episode was the first time you wre on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

I keep meaning to search the first one you were on Mark. I'll have to remember to look it up on demand when I get home. What season & episode was the first time you wre on it?

Season 4, episode 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, if I'd of know you were on this show I would have watched it. Congrats to you, Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, feathers5 said:

Man, if I'd of know you were on this show I would have watched it. Congrats to you, Mark.

Same here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do play the reruns quite a bit. You can also buy it on Amazon for $2.00 if you want or a whole season for $20.00 (that might cut into fishing time). You can see them for free sometimes on the internet when someone hijacks it and posts it.

Thanks guys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mikechell said:

Do you get any royalties if people buy the episode/season?

 

Nope, I get no royalties at all. I got the prize money from when I won. If you lose, you get nothing but the walk of shame, and the life long misery and humility, 😢and your friends shunning you for the loser you are😁. Until they see you hitch your boat to the truck, then they're OK being seen with a loser. 😊

PS, I didn't even get a free DVD of my episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😲 Really?  They're too cheap to give you a DVD?  Wow!  I figured even the losers would get, at least, that much. 

Another question.  Did you get any uptick in business after the win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikechell said:

😲 Really?  They're too cheap to give you a DVD?  Wow!  I figured even the losers would get, at least, that much. 

Another question.  Did you get any uptick in business after the win?

Well, I certainly got more famous😁, People come in and ask if they can get a picture with me. I tell them it's ten bucks each for dudes, but free for pretty girls😁.

I have had a five year backlog of custom knife work for years and that didn't change so I'd say no.

The average person that watches Forged In Fire isn't really in tune with the custom knife world and find it very surprising to learn that I have such a long wait list and how expensive the knives are.

Other people, the less established makers, have certainly gotten a boost from being on the show, if they won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😲   😅  Maybe if you didn't go fishing as much, you'd be able to knock that wait list down to a month or so !!!  😉  😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

The average person that watches Forged In Fire isn't really in tune with the custom knife world and find it very surprising to learn that I have such a long wait list and how expensive the knives are

True dat! I have zero interest in knives custom or regular but I love watching the show and don't miss an episode. I also like looking at cool knives but never desire to own one. Kind like how I admire custom cars but would never want one. I'm a fan of the craftsmanship that goes into such things more than the actual thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mikechell said:

😲   😅  Maybe if you didn't go fishing as much, you'd be able to knock that wait list down to a month or so !!!  😉  😄

Bight your tongue, that's just crazy talk, there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...