Fly Tying
Poopdeck

DANG MARK!! On Forged in fire again

I just turned on forged and fire beat the judges and who do I see........MARK! I'm pulling for you!

Yeah, I kind of got my butt handed to me on this one. They say I can keep coming back as long as I continue to be a glutton for punishment. It's kind of a round-robin thing so I'll be back.

I gotta say, it's a lot more fun to win, but like they say. "You can't win them all".

I keep meaning to search the first one you were on Mark. I'll have to remember to look it up on demand when I get home. What season & episode was the first time you wre on it?

54 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

I keep meaning to search the first one you were on Mark. I'll have to remember to look it up on demand when I get home. What season & episode was the first time you wre on it?

Season 4, episode 20.

20 minutes ago, feathers5 said:

Man, if I'd of know you were on this show I would have watched it. Congrats to you, Mark.

Same here!

They do play the reruns quite a bit. You can also buy it on Amazon for $2.00 if you want or a whole season for $20.00 (that might cut into fishing time). You can see them for free sometimes on the internet when someone hijacks it and posts it.

Thanks guys.

22 hours ago, mikechell said:

Do you get any royalties if people buy the episode/season?

Nope, I get no royalties at all. I got the prize money from when I won. If you lose, you get nothing but the walk of shame, and the life long misery and humility, 😢and your friends shunning you for the loser you are😁. Until they see you hitch your boat to the truck, then they're OK being seen with a loser. 😊

PS, I didn't even get a free DVD of my episode.

😲 Really?  They're too cheap to give you a DVD?  Wow!  I figured even the losers would get, at least, that much. 

Another question.  Did you get any uptick in business after the win?

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

😲 Really?  They're too cheap to give you a DVD?  Wow!  I figured even the losers would get, at least, that much. 

Another question.  Did you get any uptick in business after the win?

Well, I certainly got more famous😁, People come in and ask if they can get a picture with me. I tell them it's ten bucks each for dudes, but free for pretty girls😁.

I have had a five year backlog of custom knife work for years and that didn't change so I'd say no.

The average person that watches Forged In Fire isn't really in tune with the custom knife world and find it very surprising to learn that I have such a long wait list and how expensive the knives are.

Other people, the less established makers, have certainly gotten a boost from being on the show, if they won.

😲   😅  Maybe if you didn't go fishing as much, you'd be able to knock that wait list down to a month or so !!!  😉  😄

3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

The average person that watches Forged In Fire isn't really in tune with the custom knife world and find it very surprising to learn that I have such a long wait list and how expensive the knives are

True dat! I have zero interest in knives custom or regular but I love watching the show and don't miss an episode. I also like looking at cool knives but never desire to own one. Kind like how I admire custom cars but would never want one. I'm a fan of the craftsmanship that goes into such things more than the actual thing. 

5 hours ago, mikechell said:

😲   😅  Maybe if you didn't go fishing as much, you'd be able to knock that wait list down to a month or so !!!  😉  😄

Bight your tongue, that's just crazy talk, there.