Fly Tying
Landon P

How to attach my net to my realise

I have a bigger landing net and it doesn't have the loop I need to connect it to the realise and I cant get to cap on the end off. I really dont want to cut the strings but I dont like it hanging off me like a carrot on a stick. Any help is appreciated 

s7_322051_imageset_01

Put a magnetic net release on the top of the net hoop and attach the release to the loop on the back of your fishing vest as in the photo below.

34915223763_3bb77574b6_z.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

My $.02 in your case....Leave one side of elastic in place. Cut the other and put a snap on it singled out.  You gonna have to find a small threaded I bolt to screw in the plastic handle end where the elastics come out.( Your handle w/o eye needs to be resolved for this way).  

Then get the magnet deal SC is showing and attach to eye screw at the net handle and the other part to back of vest loop.   When using bring stretch cord singled out under left arm hook to vest in front.   This will keep from loosing net inadvertently.   This will also give enough slack to range your net to fish.  When thru flip handle up your back and easily let the magnet catch the handle.   The stretch cord in picture is just hooked temporarily for clarity.   I came up with this cuz didn’t want the magnet on the net hoop to snag leader and brake fish off and needed constant connection to prevent net loss.  Wet net on lower back wasn’t a concern.👍

EF55BB8C-65A7-44EA-9FDB-2AFB24ACD31D.png

F62D1512-BDB2-4E26-AE42-E0D8B5BA1914.png

11 hours ago, SilverCreek said:

Put a magnetic net release on the top of the net hoop and attach the release to the loop on the back of your fishing vest as in the photo below.

34915223763_3bb77574b6_z.jpg

I suspended my net from the hoop with the handle down so that I could grab the handle and pull rather than the hoop. Furthermore, with the coil attached to the handle and the opposite end attached to me vest, I cannot lose my net in the river or leave it behind after landing a fish.

Note that the net bag is held tight to the net handle by a velcro strap to keep a loose bag from catching on tree branches and brush when I bushwack through vegetation.

Cabela's/Bass Pro offers a super strong one for cheap $.  I own 2, one for my net and one for my wading staff.Mag.thumb.JPG.d9ce2e4af7b2cf2b1c1e82583399a2d1.JPG