Fly Tying
Landon P

MY RITE BOBBIN IS COMING TODAY!

7 hours ago, Sandan said:

I googled it. Very cool vise.

Yes another vise company from Massachusetts no longer in existence. Just wonder why I’ve never seen or heard of this vise before.

Every Rite Bobbin I have owned, has failed. 

I've owned the standard, the cermag, and the half-hitch mag. The tube breaks and the thread carriage spins. It's a comfortable bobbin, but I can't spend that much for a product that doesn't hold up. 

27 minutes ago, primeflycompany said:

Every Rite Bobbin I have owned, has failed. 

I've owned the standard, the cermag, and the half-hitch mag. The tube breaks and the thread carriage spins. It's a comfortable bobbin, but I can't spend that much for a product that doesn't hold up. 

Interesting. I really hope that is not the case for mine since I have the luck that everything breaks

14 hours ago, primeflycompany said:

The tube breaks

Are you tying 40# test braid around these?

s-l640.jpg

I've never broken a tube on any bobbin holder I've owned.  And I own the cheapest ones money doesn't have to be spent on.

I've owned my first one since around 2001, and the only thing that's gone wrong were me losing the nylon washers for it over time. Not every thread spool will fit on it either, but most do. I have a concrete floor so I'm very careful about getting it too close to the edge of my bench since if it drops, it may break the ceramic tube.  Several years ago, there was a thread on one of these forums about the replacement washers. The OP wrote that all you had to do was contact them and they would send you a bunch free of charge, no problem. When I contacted them, they were quick to reply that they were available at most big box hardware stores. They did get back to me pretty fast though.

i owned one at one time. didnt like the way it felt in my hand when tying with it. sold it or gave it away a while ago

i wouldnt buy another

Wow sweet vise. Trying to get a job so I can buy a decent rotary vise that doesn't lock up and wont strip 5 billion times

36 minutes ago, Landon P said:

Trying to get a job so I can buy a decent rotary vise 

👍

My advise: get a Regal Revolution. It's a big investment but they're the hardest vise to break, IMO. Stainless steel head is best but also more expensive- it's smaller but stronger so doesn't get in the way as much.

Man I looked at one of them the other night! It looked so amazing but I dont know if I would buy something that expensive. I was looking at the peak or the mongoose. TO MANY OPTIONS!!