Fly Tying
breambuster

Last Minute Swapper Needed: Final Round DLHWOI Swap

I know this is really last minute, but 1 of the swappers for the Final Round DLHWOI Swap has had to drop out. The swap calls for 10 flies of your favorite pattern. The due date is July 5. Is anyone up for the challenge?

BB

Hey Guys, Just so you know, TIER has had to drop out due to circumstances beyond his control. I have asked the Board for a replacement, but it is really last minute. 

BB

Count me in and I should get them tied and out to you by Monday the 30th if OK with you.

Herrickkyle, the species is trout and the pattern is your favorite fly. Actually, it’s your Don’t Leave Home Without It fly. What fly would you want to make sure you had it your box before you left for the big fishing trip. Thanks for signing up.

BB

On 6/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, WWKimba said:

Count me in and I should get them tied and out to you by Monday the 30th if OK with you.

WWKimba, I’ve been waiting to hear from some of the other guys. I originally only needed 1 swapper, and both you and Herrick both replied. He was the first to reply and so I went ahead and added him. Then I asked the group about adding another. It’s the weekend and not many guys have responded, but those that did were in favor of adding you. So, I’m good with adding you, but here’s the thing. Two sets of flies have arrived and 2 or 3 more are in the mail. So I can’t guarantee that there will be enough flies from everyone to add an extra swapper. All I can do is promise you that I will make it as fair as possible, but, still, you may not get a fly from every swapper. But I don’t think you would be short more than 1 or 2 flies, but that is just my guess. So, let me know if you still want to join. We will be happy to have you if you decide to go ahead. Let me know. I’m going to PM this same message to you to make sure you get it.

BB

Happy to join in. As I said, I love to tie flies if only to watch the fish laugh at them!  Thanks for considering me.  I'm new to this site - just coming over from the Fly Anglers On-line (FAOL) site.  Please PM me your address - flies are tied - two versions of the Indian Streamer - it's old, simple, cheap and effective - just like the tier.  It's the white man's adaptation of the old practice of an Iroquois lure of a hook with a bird bone.  It is old but it is deadly. 

Oh, please keep any of the extras for your box for hosting the swap as my thanks.  I've hosted my share of hosts on FAOL in the past.

I just found out that I have only one padded envelope!  I'll try to get the flies out on Monday - if not they will go out on Tuesday.  LOGISTICS! :)