Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Intruders and tube flies swap

33 minutes ago, mikemac1 said:

Is this one going to happen🥱?

I sent him a pm a couple of days ago and not heard back from him  could be a case of life things are keeping him busy 

Steve-stabgnid 

I have moved to Oregon,  bought a house, sold a house, started a new job.  Staying in a temporary apartment.  I will be in my new house Sept 3 and will post the address. I have been tying some,but have not posted much.  I look forward to the swap.

When I post from my phone it has me as Dr. P instead of DarrellP.  Not sure how to fix that.  Anyway, I want to continue with the swap with the previously posted Oct 15 due date.  My new address is

Dr. Darrell Phillips

7890 NW Westside Rd.

Carlton, OR  97111

Darrell I was going to mail 6 tube flies, I tied them Ed Ward style with dumbbell eyes. This seams the only way I could control the way they ride and get down to the fish, that was my past reasoning for not liking tubes and I did not want to start buying cones and disks for tubes. Please advise me if you think you are going to get more swappers I don't think so at this point, I'll hold off on mailing until you reply. 

tubefly.jpg

I think that is the number of swappers that we are going to have.  I appreciate your participation.  Since there are only 5 of us, I recommend that any one who wants to add a second fly for each participant.  If you are already finished and have it ready to mail, please disregard.  

I apologize to everyone that I have been MIA.  I am back now.  I am going through a move and did not realize how much trouble I would have with internet access at first.  Trying to do this from my phone is less than ideal.  Things are okay now.

Again, I apologize.  I am going to include an intruder and a tube fly for each of you.  I was hoping that since I am in Oregon, I would find a Sasquatch nest and get some of their hair.  That would one up Mark Knapp with his Mammoth hair.  So far, no Sasquatch.

10 minutes ago, DarrellP said:

That would one up Mark Knapp with his Mammoth hair.  So far, no Sasquatch.

I could shave a patch off my back (long enough & gray) Mark wouldn't know the difference. No need to apologize its called life and is more important. I'll work on another fly for 2. October is still a little ways away.

Actually, I could do the same.  In fact, one of my nurses told me that I look like a "midget Sasquatch" as I am short and hairy.

Explain again Darrell when these are really due. You said sign up by Oct. 15th. Is that the due date? I've found in swaps when you give too long a lead time they tend to fall apart somewhere on the way. We do need a due date for these flies and a cap to know how many to tie. I have six done and need to know if I need more. With the extra work on these I'm not so sure I want to do a lot more.

Nick

On 8/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, vicrider said:

Explain again Darrell when these are really due. You said sign up by Oct. 15th. Is that the due date? I've found in swaps when you give too long a lead time they tend to fall apart somewhere on the way. We do need a due date for these flies and a cap to know how many to tie. I have six done and need to know if I need more. With the extra work on these I'm not so sure I want to do a lot more.

Nick

Due Oct 15.  We have 5 signed up.  I pushed the date too far out, I realize.  Tie one ot two tube flies or intruders for each person in the swap--4 sets.  Thanks.  If I do another swap it will be 6 weeks out, period.

I've got six tied. Will send those and if we don't get a sixth for this just move one up so each person gets two of someone else's. I just recently sold a complete kit and goodies to do tube flies since I'd never used it since I got it so I did a version of Intruder I found on the net. Steelhead colors all the way on this one. The first pic is pulling marabou out of way to show the undercarriage. Second pic is with marabou. Eyes are aluminum so weight is not that heavy like it would be with brass.

DSCF5859.JPG

DSCF5865.JPG

Flies in the post tomorrow morning - Tracking: 9405503699300018142210

6 - Disco Shrimp – Tube Fly Version

Tube: Classic Pro Tube

Thread: UTC 210 Brunt Orange

Disc: Pro Sonic Disk

Head: Coyote Mask

Eyes: Black Beads

Antennae: Gold Crystal Flash

Legs: Tan Silli Legs

Body: 3mm Tan Foam over Tan Arizona Diamond Dub

Rattle: Micro fly rattle

BZN80386.JPG

On 9/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, flytire said:

Well I offered to fill the last spot but no response 

I guess I’ll just opt out again  

He takes awhile. I do believe he just moved to Oregon but you get to you.

Steve-stabgnid

I apologize that I have not responded recently.  I have driven cross country, from MS to OR, again.  I worked over 70 hrs during the 8 days after I got here.  The state of Oregon is on fire, so I had to move from the apartment where I was staying to my new house, without having my furniture here.  I am sleeping on a camp cot.  My wife is in Colorado, headed this way with her sick daughter.  The smoke from the wildfires is incredible.  I don't have internet at my house and will have to get satellite internet, which I don't know a lot about.  

So, I am checking this at work, which is somewhat frowned upon.

Anyway, my house is out of the fire zone, just smoky.  Please send your flies to the published address in Carlton, OR.  They are due on October 15.