Fly Tying
dflanagan

Classic Bucktail swap

I'm going to do a bucktail black ghost, I'll have to substitute a yellow synthetic for the yellow hackle because I don't have the hackle.

After an unusually long delay due to an overworked postal service, two really nice sets of flies from fishingbobnelson and WWKimba arrived today. 

13 hours ago, flytire said:

yellow marabou is a good substitute

I don't have that either, basically everything I tie is black,  green, or brown possibly with white.

White & Green Fishing Machine-  silver tinsel body, green over white bucktail wing -some put  a few black hairs or peacock herl topping, good local streamer

Witches Tit- red yarn fiber tail(combed out),  black chenille body with silver rib, red yarn throat (short, combed out) black bucktail wing, another good local streamer

you could use yellow yarn combed out to substitute for the hackle and keep your black ghost. 

How’s everyone doing on their swap flies. Just over two weeks until the due date. I fell a bit off schedule but mine will be ready in a few days. We’ve already got a few sets in that we’re all gonna love. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your flies. 

Please keep in mind the postal service delays. I’d like to think that since we’re not mailing ballots flies should move through the system pretty swiftly but you never know.

Srry guys mine will be in the mail today or tomorrow ...

Steve-stbgnid

6 hours ago, flytire said:

are these back in the mail yet?

One set still hasn’t arrived. I will mail the rest out Friday, with or without the last set.