Fly Tying

Article - A Tear For My Dad

Mark has written us another addition to his "Wind Knots" column and I would have to say this might be my favorite so far.

Thanks for the great read Mark, I always look forward to reading your articles!

A Tear For My Dad

user posted image

Beautiful story Mark. Loseing my dad when I was 25 theres many times when I'm out fishing all alone in the boat we use to fish in together when I have those exact thoughts. I'll be sitting out in the middle of the river with the sun beatin down on me and start wondering what it would be like if dad was sittin up in the front of the boat like he use to, if he would be proud of me, what he would think of the man I've become, etc...

Nice story, got me thinking smile.gif

SD

That was a beautiful story, my dad and I use to fly fish together, it was "our" time.. Once a year we went to Wyoming for a week as a vacation. I'd give everything I own just for one more trip there. You don't realise what you have until its gone.

Thanks again

feathers

beautiful Mark the story reminded me that I don't fish with dad enough it's funny how as you get older the people and places you used to spend time with and go just seem to not get the attention that they used to for some reason or not any ways keep up the great work big_fish thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

The story reminded me of my grandfather. He taught me how to catch fish. I still have the rod he bought me, my very first rod ever.

Every time I pick it up I have to think of him and the times we shared sitting beside each other in silence, laughing and cheering when we caught the big ones, enjoying the food and drink we had brought, etc. etc.

Wonderful memories.

Great story Mark. Thanks for sharing. All of us who have lost their Dad can relate, and those who still are lucky enough to heve their Dad around can be a little happier about that. Nice!

Chris smile.gif

Awesome story, great, great, great! It strikes something, very touching.

Makes me appreciate motorcycling with my father more. He doesn't fish much, except if I beg him to come along with as the second in the canoe. But ride we do, many, many miles together. Last summer we did crank off a 400+ mile day together through the Whites.

Take care all,

~Nate

Hi Mark,

I finally had time to relax, read and enjoy your article, excellent, beautiful story. You paint such clear pictures with words, it was almost like being there with you.

Graham

Mark thank you for a wonderul story.Brings back memories for alot of us.You can go fishing but a memory can make a day out of its own.

tt