Fly Tying
MuskyFlyGuy

July 1st float trip

My wife and I had a float on the West Fork of the Chippewa River with an outstanding guide from Hayward Wisconsin. We always have a great day with Stu, plus he has long arms and never misses with the net. We caught smallies on Boogle Bugs, Murdich Minnows, and a deer hair frog. We also saw a deer and two eagles. Air temperature was upper 80s with a very high dew point. Water temperature started out at 75 and moved to the upper 70s by the end of the float. The masks are part of the fly shop’s Coronavirus protocol. Here are pictures of a couple of bass. They were very dark in the tannic water. 

6987DC52-C2E6-4DBC-8597-01912B01B469.thumb.jpeg.a61f8e635fbb55e156e0abefd31b9dc3.jpeg
854F05B1-3531-43D7-AE75-CA373EDAF734.thumb.jpeg.e005f23e0a8f5bf4c7c4bd6572c7c07a.jpeg
Then a picture of the new rod from Steve in action. 
1F3092C4-8A94-4D9D-9D00-F5B38451EC1D.thumb.jpeg.eb999bf10d8b267dea723a4a63c78a44.jpeg
Finally, a picture of a Boogle Bug down the mouth. 
0B7667FF-350A-4F53-B20D-711C124B1A11.thumb.jpeg.2c1b6502be93c027d24b974bf82a4a17.jpeg
A great day of seven hours of driving and eight hours of fishing. 

Edited by MuskyFlyGuy
Add pictures

Nice looking smallmouths there Tom. Looks like a fun trip.

BTW spoke with Ellen today, she's having me build her a 5wt outfit.

Pretty water, good pictures and a good story.  That sure looks like a great place to spend a leisurely un-guided couple of days.  

I didn't know what a boogie bug was but I wanted some after seeing your smallies so I googled it. A POPPER! I'm good to go. 

A long armed guide, your wife, great weather and SMB on top. Sounds like a great 1st  float trip. My wife gets motion sickness so boats are a no go for her. I would really enjoy having my wife as a fishing partner so I am envious of you and your wife fishing together. Good times for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking at my post. I would appreciate sticking to the fly fishing. My 3 year old grandson tested positive, but fortunately was a symptomatic. My son also tested positive and was knocked on his butt for ten days. My wife has an immunosuppressant disease. Comments bring up unwanted memories. 
Thanks for your consideration. 
tom

Cleaned up the thread for you Tom. Again guys, lets stay on topic here, this is the reports and Tom's sharing some good fish pics. While everyone knows we don't allow political posts....with that said, if you guys want to talk about masks and the effectiveness/uselessness of them then we would allow that as long as it stayed civil if you want to post it in the Lodge section. But lets keep the reports to fish and enjoyable pics.

Again nice looking smallies Tom, wouldn't mind gettin into some good smallmouth myself about now. Water temp here is way too warm for trout with this heat wave :(