Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Saying goodbye

Well I have to share some pics since my baby will be gone as of Monday 1f641.png:( I stated building this car about 20 yrs ago. Back when I started, I planned on it as a mid 8 second car. Did most the work on it myself.   Then I lost my job as a fabricator/welder back around 2002 and I started my own business. Kept the car and planned on getting back to it. But now that I am closing in on on 50 yrs old, going 150mph in the 1/4 mile just does not appeal to me like it use to do. This car was dubbed "Superbeast" 20 yrs ago, hence where the name of that RC truck I fabbed came from, the name had to carry on. Anyway, I listed this for sale the other day, got asking price, I was not flexable anyway on it to be honest with what I have invested in it, and sold right away. Bitter sweet to be honest. I need to /wanted to sell it, but it's such a part of my 20's/30's ....it's real sad on other hand 1f641.png:( As of Monday she's gone, gonna miss "Vanessa" That was her other name lol)

101_6447.JPG

101_6440.JPG

101_6441.JPG

101_6445.JPG

101_6450.JPG

101_6449.JPG

101_6451.JPG

Is that what I think it is, a 69 GTO? Holly crap how can you get rid of that? I'd wouldn't want a track car either but man would I love that for a daily driver. That has to be tough on you. 

My sympathies for your ... divorce?  I don't feel the way you do about cars.  I've had a few neat ones ... 55 Buick Century ... 69 Camaro ... 74 Nova, but I never named any of them, nor did I feel any loss when I sold them.  They were vehicles ... machines that served a purpose.

I used to feel that way about fishing rods.  But now that I have "LongClaw" and "Needle" ... I'm beginning to change.

Yep, there's still a lot of work to do on "Her". It's definitely a younger mans thing. Just think of all the new stuff you can put in the garage where she used to take up space. You could build another big fish tank with frogs and turtles and alligators, and gars and stuff.