Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman4

Czech Nymphing

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has tried this for trout. I know people mostly use it for grayling but have also heard trout being caught on this technique as well. If anyone would want to share any other information on it, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Evan

Yes I actually have. And it worked very well. I followed the instructions in that link above. Or tried to anyways. :-)

Try it, it`s fun, even though there`s no casting involved.

Moskito,

Thanks for the reply. I figured I might give it a try and see how things work. I just think tying their patterns are so easy.

-Evan

I have more luck using a short line and not letting the nymph sink but just let it bounce on the current surface especially where it enters a pool.

Ken cool.gif

In the Netherlands there is now a discussion going on about Czech nymphing. The pros say its fun to do and it enables you to catch a lot of fish. The cons state that you will inflict damage to the system if you fish this intens. You scrape all the fish off the bottom and you might damage the little ones.

I wil give it a try the coming season and I really like the Czech Nymph patterns.

Sjo

Sometimes I even fish the patterns when I`m not Czech Nymphing, just because I like them a lot as well. AND, as Fisherman pointed out before, they are fairly easy to tie.

Sign in to follow this