Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Okay, on the contest...LAST CHANCE

Nick, I've been a little busy and missed the original post. when is the deadline on the contest?

19 hours ago, Landon P said:

So instead of sending them to you we send a picture but don't get a chance at the reel? 

No Landon. You send me flies and I'll take the pictures and put them in post for judging. I'll put my address in first post since I forgot to do that. Hope you can do this one.

So I modified first post and put in pictures. Let's get some flies sent this direction to grow contest. I might run more for various prizes if we get the entries to make it interesting.

Don’t do swaps but donations are great.  Great what you do Vcrdr.   If it ain’t too late I’m gonna get couple of boxes of assorted stuff in the mail tomorrow.  If you wanta pick some for reel contest go ahead.  But give the reel to a kid if by some miracle I win... I understand typical/conventional stuff no salty stuff, frogs, Cdads, poppers at all?   Dry, wet(nymph?), streamer.  

Sounds great denduke. I'll hold off for a bit hoping some more send in last minute for contest but don't think I'll try it again this way. Thought it would be fun but just not enough interest though the turnout by some for the donations boxes are coming in great.

Nick

Didn’t get the package off till today.  One box is for you.   Do what you can on donations on the other 2 or keep for future needs.  Contest?   Pick some out if you need to; don’t matter.  Coulda sent bunches of salties but no ocean front property in OK....Thanks for your efforts. 

BTW ever hear from LilDave(?) from Australia.  Hope his health is good.   Wondered if he had any luck with the salties and ever caught a Barramundi ?

893B64F6-D7EA-4DE1-AEAF-2B92FB7D11FF.jpeg

Denduke, your package arrived today. I've pulled all your flies from the two compartmented boxes and fit them into the CRF box along with several other flies.You, Rick Ziegler, Breambuster, Samsonboi, and WWKimba loaded the boxes pretty full. WWK sent a lot of streamers and I may have to divvy those up and send separate from the boxes since I don't think I can fit them all in. As usual the site has done a great job of filling the boxes. So many duplicates worked great as the two boxes are quite equal in offerings. I will finish them up tomorrow hopefully and get some pictures for the site. Since everyone has indicated they wanted to donate but not try for the reel I am going to either flip a coin and send it one group or other OR...If someone has a young child or friend getting into the game I would send it to you to help him get started. It's a very good reel and he won't outgrow it soon. 

IF I missed or miss anyone on the box donations I'm sorry. I'm notoriously disorganized and think I kept all the mail straight but could have  put flies in boxes and missed where from.

About Little Dave from Australia, he hasn't been posting much here but I still talk to him on and off on Facebook. He's doing fine. I think he really like to do the swaps and with the mail the way it is and the costs he just doesn't come on here much anymore. Hopefully we'll see him for the Christmas swap since he got mainly your flies last year.