Fly Tying
SilverCreek

Reprinting of The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference to Techniques and Dressing Styles 

8 hours ago, Bill_729 said:

I'm pretty sure that the people who will never use 90% of the information in a book like that are not all people like you.

But ... I didn't speak for the people who AREN'T like me. 🙄  I started my sentence with: "People like me ... " 😏  Hmmm ... maybe, I'm the only "people" like me.

I got a copy long ago and love it.  Use many techniques on my patterns.

But it is like very other book, not everyone likes it.

Rick 

On 7/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, Kimo said:

I've also found that people don't buy as many books because they figure
they can find it on the web.
Data suggest that learning online drops by as much as 30%. Depending on the learning style.

I'm the opposite.

I have a great library of physical books, complete with paper pages, ink words, and everything.

As for online learning, I can't. I just can't. It doesn't work for me.

I was fortunate to retire from the military when I did. Everything in the required education field was starting to switch from physical studying and learning to moving more and more online. I was SO happy to have gotten all of mine in before, and during the switch, while I still had some options. If I was still in now, I'm sure I'd be falling behind, and suffering promotion-wise because of it. 

Does anyone know if it has been updated with new material?  Or is it just a new printing of the original?

Thanks, Bob H

i highly recommend buying the book whether its new, used, or on a cd (people still use cd's 😁)

there is a lot of techniques in the book that you cant find on the internet.

not that every technique in the book will ever be used by any one tyer

2 hours ago, flytire said:

i highly recommend buying the book whether its new, used, or on a cd (people still use cd's 😁)

there is a lot of techniques in the book that you cant find on the internet.

not that every technique in the book will ever be used by any one tyer

Ditto!

Kimo

I use this book quite a bit and find that the information is really clear and encyclopedic.  Almost to a fault, there is so much in there that I sometimes can't decide what to do!

I ordered it when this thread was started. Still no word on when it's coming. I got a confirmation email. They took my money. Anybody else heard anything?

14 hours ago, fishinguy said:

I ordered it when this thread was started. Still no word on when it's coming. I got a confirmation email. They took my money. Anybody else heard anything?

Copied from the website:

** Pre-order Special **  - Printing and shipment from overseas was delayed due to Covid - we're hoping to have them before the end of the year.

It sounds like they have not forgotten about you! 
Bill

Just curious... Any word on if they are updating the book in anyway? I am pretty sure the hackle stacker emerged after it was last printed and I am wondering if there are other techniques that are "missing" in the older edition as well. 

This book is phenomenal.  I picked up a copy around 15 yes ago.  I like having a library of tying books.  They seem like good friends when I don't want to be around people.

I don't think anything printed in this book is anything new or has not been printed before. I'm not saying its not a great book. That's what it is. A book to read. I have, Like many of you, Many books that just sit on a shelf. If I was to buy just one book years ago. I would have bought this one. But there is nothing new in it. Just a different technique. And I'm good with what I do, May not be the best way. But, It gets the same results.