Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
skeet3t

Cwazy wabbit!

Trails cameras are becoming a popular thing to view wildlife at a distance. I have a friend who has "classes" on setting them and using them for optimum photos or videos.

xterrabill, you have some outstanding photos of various and sundry critters. As a freelancer, could you share your camera settings, diopters, etc.?

On 7/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, xterrabill said:

the wife want's me to put a hit on don squirrel-re-oni for digging up her flower pots, his days may be numbered.

:)

Spread some moth balls in the flower pots. Had the same problem with a "deck garden."

Edit- like the link as I'm always looking for quality photos for articles. Found some sites that offer freebie photos as long as the site is given credit. Looking at buying an upgrade Canon DSLR with two lenses; recommended by a friend.

Edit- I see the settings with each photo. Thanks. I had fun learning to use the different setting for ISO, f stop, etc. Like to bracket by shooting several photos of same subject and different settings.

I made a slingshot out of a coat hangers and rubber bands, use a tight wadded up tinfoil ball as ammo, it don't hurt them and its entertaining as heck when I hit them. (maybe 1 out of 10 try's), used mothballs and pepper flake in planters, limited success, Chicago squirrels are tough, I think they loot and bury the mothballs.

as far as camera's go, try for a full size sensor if you can swing it. (picked up mine used, saved 70%, made sure low shutter count), I like cannon, I love Nikon, I like saving money the best.

:)