Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Man, do they get big.

I am back in delta catching grayling, and I love it. The river is getting kind of boring, so I really want to go to quartz lake to catch some trout and char.

Fun day with lots of fish on the hook!  Thank you for not yelling your enthusiasm.  The commentary is better without it.

You're suffering in the heat ... what are the temps?

70-75 degrees, but that is NOTHING compared to Florida! 😀

True.  I know it's relative ... hot to you is actually cool to me.  Still funny (to me) to hear you complaining about it.

Yea 75 is nice, I'm real happy if it stays under 90 right now, still happy if it's under 95. Ok with 100 once it gets to 103+I'll really start the bitching.

Nice video Tier, and beautiful Grayling.  I use to love catching and eating those guys. 

Your videos are improving. I to appreciate less hoopla. Now if you can slow down, enunciate, and seperate your words during the introduction and maybe reduce the length of the intro. A minute and a half is a lot of intro. I also have to say you are rough on your gear. Throwing your rod on the ground and holding the rod where there is no handle is a disaster waiting to happen. The grips of a rod are located where they are for a reason.

All in all this is your best yet. Keep moving it forward.

59 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

holding the rod where there is no handle is a disaster waiting to happen.

THIS!...lol. As a rod builder I have to agree 100% with Greg. Try to never hold the rod in front of the grip. I know sometimes with bigger fish it can seem like a natural thing to do, but try to avoid it. Guys grabbing and putting pressure on a rod in front of the grip, especially past the ferule like you did there is a recipe for a broken rod. Happens all the time.

With that said, nice fish looked like fun.

On 7/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, TIER said:

70-75 degrees, but that is NOTHING compared to Florida! 😀

70-75 is perfect brown trout weather. Great for Broo too but upper end. We get that weather a lot but sometimes up to 80s and 90s on really hot days.

I prefer 65-70 for brookies, 69 being absolutely ideal for brookies AND browns- my favorite temp. At that temperature the water will be the best temperature, about 60-63 degrees.