Fly Tying
Landon P

I CANT SEW!

So tonight I challenge myself. I wanted to sew a very very delicate item. Something that I should use untill I'm 80 years old. So I took my 7th grade art skills and started to sew. After doing some pretty sweet running stitches and whatever the other ones are called everything was going awsome! I even was using blue for mike! Then I sewed the side that was supposed to be open shut and then gave up. WHOEVER CAN GUESS THIS ITEM GETS MY SEWING SKILLS! (Hint: I've made a post abt it awhile ago.)

20200725_223427.jpg

24 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

It's a bathing suit to keep the boys warm in that cold trout water. 

No maybe you should look a bit harder at the picture ;]

3 hours ago, Landon P said:

I even was using blue

Was neon blue the only color you had?  Out of the 97 different colors that would blend with that fabric, you chose one of the 3 colors that wouldn't. Let me guess, you didn't want to learn how to change the thread? (don't be lazy..lol)   It looks sort of like a "fly wallet" to me.  You're learning, much like I did, that people who tie flies haven't got much on the people who know how  to run sewing machines! Why don't you give it another try?

1 hour ago, saltydancindave said:

... sack ... for ... the gel flote

I think Dave nailed it.  I agree with this modified post from Dave.

I don't understand the:

9 hours ago, Landon P said:

very very delicate item

but if you want it to:

9 hours ago, Landon P said:

use until I'm 80

You'll need to do a much better job of sewing.    I have been sewing myself some masks, since my work requires it.  I used to sew Halloween costumes when I was younger and went to parties.  Won several prizes for best costumes, too.  Nothing wrong with being able to properly use a sewing machine.  

Make a pattern, though.  Openings often need to be sewn before the enclosure is completed.

I hope you're videoing this process.  Even the failed first try should be part of the video for your channel.

10 hours ago, Landon P said:

WHOEVER CAN GUESS THIS ITEM GETS MY SEWING SKILLS! 

20200725_223427.jpg

I'm not going to guess.

I'm afraid I'd get it right, and then you'd send that "thing" to me.

I'm not taking that chance! 😜

I can't give ya a hard time about the stitch work. Because there's a reason I have a seamstress do my custom rod socks for me rather than me doing it myself 😁

7 hours ago, Bill_729 said:

Was neon blue the only color you had?  Out of the 97 different colors that would blend with that fabric, you chose one of the 3 colors that wouldn't. Let me guess, you didn't want to learn how to change the thread? (don't be lazy..lol)   It looks sort of like a "fly wallet" to me.  You're learning, much like I did, that people who tie flies haven't got much on the people who know how  to run sewing machines! Why don't you give it another try?

I did the blue for mike.

3 hours ago, mikechell said:

I do appreciate the blue thread, thank you.

Its was just a little gesture 😂

8 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

I can't give ya a hard time about the stitch work. Because there's a reason I have a seamstress do my custom rod socks for me rather than me doing it myself 😁

I assumed your rod socks came with the blanks. I need to find someone to do my knife sheaths for me, I can do it but I'm lazy and don't like too.