Fly Tying
flytire

Does the company you work for....

have you working from home?

or do you still have to go in to the workplace? what protocols are being used?

i'm retired so i'm just curious how workers are doing

I'm working from home, but I have always worked from home. My boss can be a real jerk sometimes, he has reduced my pay due to this virus thing (You probably already know, I work for myself).

2 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I'm working from home, but I have always worked from home. My boss can be a real jerk sometimes, he has reduced my pay due to this virus thing (You probably already know, I work for myself).

I did the same for almost 15 years, then the boss fired me. Never been happier.

18 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

I did the same for almost 15 years, then the boss fired me. Never been happier.

I'm afraid I'm so far in debt to the company they will never let me go.😁

I can go in to one of two offices, I can stay home or I can galavant about. Their preference is for me to galavant about and work from home but it's up to me. I prefer ignoring COVID19 and pretty much do the same as I always have. 

Everyone who can work from home is. I can't because I need access to labs and equipment. Normally there would be about 20 people at my location. Today there there are 5. 

Working from home by Governor's Executive Order (I am a State of MI employee) since the last week of March. I love it! Now I can spend those two hours a day that I used to spend in the car doing something constructive and/or fun.  Probably my favorite part is my upgraded work environment -- I frequently take the laptop out on my deck with a tasty beverage and a cigar. :) I would happily do this full time even after the pandemic is over. 

I'm happily retired, but if I wasn't, I couldn't work from home.

One, my job physically would not have allowed it. It just wouldn't have been possible.

More importantly, I couldn't stand the thought of having to do it. When I was off, I was OFF. 

My home is not my job, and I never wanted to mix the two. When I was at home, it was my sanctuary AWAY from work, and the last thing I wanted to do was to think about my job while at home. I was fortunate in that when I left work, I actually was able to leave it behind, physically and mentally, until I went back. I didn't have to "take it home with me" in any sense, and that was a huge bonus.

I know some people enjoy working from home, but I know it wouldn't have worked for me. There was a hard line between work life and home life, and that line didn't get crossed. 

i'm retired and helped design nuclear submarines.

you couldnt even bring in a cell phone with a camera in it (iphone etc) into the workplace

i highly doubt the navy would allow us to work from home

hell, i dont even remember the secrets i had to keep🤪

I was furloughed for two months.  Back at work now.  I teach, but at a vocational school and much of it is hands on.  The presentation/lecture parts could be done from home, I guess, but it'd be sans all training aids.  Wouldn't be nearly as impactful, I'd think.  The hands on parts, obviously, have to be done in person.

So, back at work.  Standard protocols:

1. Everyone must go through the MPR (multi-purpose room) and answer 5 questions (no to each) and get their temperature checked. 
  2. Everyone must wear masks (worthless, if you ask me). 
  3. I have to spray all common surfaces with disinfectant at the end of each day (Perhaps not worthless, but of questionable value).
  4. If anyone feels "under the weather", they are required to self quarantine until tested negative or 14 days, whichever happens first.

Outboards and motorcycles.  Everything from the wheels (or props) to the ignition key.  We even spend some time talking about the loose nuts between the steering mechanism and the seat.

My boss is the greatest guy in the world, damn good lookin' as well 😁 My morning commute can be hard at times when the stairs are blocked by a 15lb orange cat.