Fly Tying
flytire

Does the company you work for....

I'm not sure I understand you, Steve.  I think the Orangie and your "boss" are one and the same.  I agree he's handsome.  But I saw him in action and "greatest guy in the world"?  Mischievous little brat would describe, better, no?

My boss is kinda a jackass, he's been making me go to work 5 or 6 days a week for the last month and a half or more, not even any over time pay.

I'm self employed from home, so no difference to me other than things slowing down.  My wife, on the other hand, has been working from home since the start of this mess, goes into work one day/week.  I doubt her company will ever have her go back to the office, not full-time anyways.  

I'm a telecom engineer.  When this first hit we began working from home after a coworker tested positive.  He's fine now.  We're now working in 2 teams, one week I'm at the office and the next week I'm working from home.  I still go out on site surveys.  These photos are from the financial district in Boston last April.  I took these photos at 11AM on a Tuesday when normally there would be thousands of people.  It was like being in a zombie apocalypse movie. 

IMG_5170.thumb.JPG.2063547f38e0aeac4480624cda53a11d.JPGIMG_5126.thumb.JPG.19ad67b4b1b14aa2ca06efa5d0957084.JPGIMG_5131.thumb.JPG.956f3a3d98898dc3fcda5a5cc9f82dd3.JPGIMG_5133.thumb.JPG.1b3945fd754531a5557626896dabe722.JPG

IMG_5163.thumb.JPG.f562da69ed68f8f4befbb5bf8bb88053.JPGIMG_5164.thumb.JPG.e6487f61cee0048fab7646303a31342a.JPG

Well it's still Boston -  Both meter maids that showed up for work that day were probably fighting over who got to write the citation! 

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

You sure have some keen observation skills, Steve.

Or, "My, what good eyes you have. Steve."

Honestly it is due to my OCD. I noticed little things like that in a fraction of the time it takes a normal person. My family use to always give me a hard time about it because I'd always point out inconsistencies and such in movies & tv shows because to my eyes they just stand out like a sore thumb lol. The only time my ocd eyes are appreciated is when we are on fishing trips, and I'm always the first one to point out the deer ahead of us near the road way before we get near them :) 

On 7/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, Steeldrifter said:

My boss is the greatest guy in the world, damn good lookin' as well 😁 My morning commute can be hard at times when the stairs are blocked by a 15lb orange cat.

Be interesting to see the responses. BTW, that's a big cat!

I retired 10-1/2 years ago. Wife retired 4 years ago. I get up and ponder what to do first after breakfast.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, Bryon Anderson said:

Working from home by Governor's Executive Order (I am a State of MI employee) since the last week of March. I love it! Now I can spend those two hours a day that I used to spend in the car doing something constructive and/or fun.  Probably my favorite part is my upgraded work environment -- I frequently take the laptop out on my deck with a tasty beverage and a cigar. :) I would happily do this full time even after the pandemic is over. 

I am a state of MI employee as well. I am field based all the time though, so I always work from home. I cover 6 counties for my position, so often times I'm in my car out and about, so not always just in a home office. Luckily I am pretty much exclusively outside for my job, or driving to the next work site which takes a considerable amount of time in my area, so I've been going out and about as needed throughout the whole thing with proper precautions taken when necessary. This time of year, things are feeling pretty much normal with the exception of not having any meetings with coworkers.

15 hours ago, skeet3t said:

I get up and ponder what to do first after breakfast.

That's easy.

Prepare my wife's coffee, as I'm always awake and going before her.

Do that, and it's a harmonious day. Fail that one small task, and it can be a bad day for me.... 😲

I slept in for a few days after retiring but the wife was not eating a good breakfast as she was up at 5 and had to be a work at 6 AM. Started getting her breakfast while she started to get ready. Surprising what you can get done by starting at 5:45!

During Pa's shutdown we were essential but split into two teams working 4 days at home doing nothing, then 4 on site. This allowed one team to potentially quarantine and still function. Since June we've all (just over 100 of us) have been onsite. We have temp checks when we get to work, have to wear face coverings, have sanitizer all over the place, can only sit one to a table in cafeteria, and are just keeping spread out as best as possible. Our client devices that ship in are also quarantined for 3 days before we deal with them. People who have traveled for vacations to areas with a higher rate than we have in our area are not allowed back for 2 weeks.

I'm there now about 50+ hours a week since we are dealing with devices associated with various Covid vaccine trials, on top of our usual tech support stuff. I feel safe.