Fly Tying

Some of you may know that I have a youtube channel. @Pbass has came up with the idea to have everyone submit a video and then edit them so one person puts the hook in the vise then another starts the thread then another times in the first material so on and so forth. I really liked this idea and if anyone is willing to put a video into this dropbox of themselves tying a Adam's dry fly that would be great! Try to have a backround in the video and have good lighting. I will do all the editing so dont worry about that. I will pick the best videos and put them together. Also please follow the recipe below.

Hook: preferable size 14
tail 5-7 moose fibers
body: grey dubbing
wings: grizzly hackle tips
hackle: brown grizzly mix

I will post the dropbox link when I have a few people interested.

Is there a certain format that you would like?  My wife did something different but similar, and the mismatching caused confusion for her.  I think you should try to be specific up front. I expect it would be too big of an assumption to expect that everyone would send you a file in the same version of the same format and that the pieces would go seamlessly together.  If you have "good software" on your end, that will surely help.  I don't have enough experience to advise further. I don't even have a camera near my fly desk (yet?)  Good luck!

Bill (Bill_729)

Sounds like an interesting and fun project. Perhaps a bit more control and planning is needed. Maybe identify the tiers first then plan the background color, camera angles and distances to make the video as seemless as possible. I don't video but I'm sure those that do could very easily adapt and conform to some basic set ups. I like the idea but planning seems to be important for a better video. 

Landon, I said I thought it'd be an awesome video.  Unlike the suggestions above, I think the differing backgrounds, views and so on would give it just the right amount of humor and "community" feel.

However, I also said I thought it would be very labor intensive.  Starting with getting sufficient participation.  I neither have the materials nor do I tie Adams flies.  Good luck getting participation and doing the video.  I think, though, it's not going to be the "next" video, but one that will take a little while to do.

the video shouldn't be that hard to make, I recommend using Davinci Resolve, using the same format and fps will make life easy tho,

a friend and myself did this 3 months ago....

the neon electric FX are hand drawn and was very time consuming, I did them and it took days,, we also did the music with people from all over the world, lyrics and vocals by little ol me.

:)

I would do part of your video but I do not have some of the material you listed.

My software includes most videos types and If i have an issue with it I can use a converter. Also if not to many people have the mateirals for the Adam's that I listed it can be changed. 

Also I would not like every single clip to be exactly the same. Angle would be nice but then it might shoo some people away. 

why not try your little expriment right here in this thread

tyers could post video snippets of the following

1. putting hook in vise and tying the tail

2. dubbing the body

3. tying in hen hackle wings

4. tying grizzly and brown hackle wings 

Also I would not like every single clip to be exactly the same. Angle would be nice but then it might shoo some people away. 

highly improbable as everbody would have different angle, different vise, different background, different video format etc

you really need to rethink the logistics

8 hours ago, xterrabill said:

lyrics ... by little ol me.

Take you all minute to write those lyrics, Bill?  😁

all of about 35 seconds Mike LOL, I can always rely on ya for a fun comment,

but it is somewhat common in that music genre and I am no lyricist or singer

more of a guitar hack, I know you wont like it but try this one...

kinda reminds me of you.

just kidding man.

8 hours ago, xterrabill said:

more of a guitar hack, I know you wont like it but try this one...

kinda reminds me of you.

just kidding man.

I like the second this one better--very upbeat--"It makes me wanna dan..." 

: )

The first one never gave a hint as to "what is right".

So there's your feedback man, thanks for posting!

Bill (Bill_729)

P.S. Why did you "disable comments"--I was curious what others thought.