Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Duck

Dang..Its HOT

I had an appointment close to my covid ponds this morning. I went to fish after my appointment. I fished for 2 hours and after catching 1 Bass, decided it was too DAMN hot to fish. It was 96 degrees ,93% humidity and no wind. I had a bunch of fish half heartedly swipe at the fly then just slowly swim off. I guess they thought it was too hot too. Its a very rare day when I say, the hell with fishing, but today was that day.

IMG-3897.jpg

Yep the past month to 5 weeks here have been 90-95 almost daily as well. Next week there are some 70's in the forecast though, it's gonna feel like being in Alaska with Mark when those temps get here lol

Same except mid 90's to over a hundo. Way to hot for me. I was going to switch to some night catfishing but it's way to hot to fix my nav light. I tried early evening wading when it's in the low 90's but then I found a tick on me so wading is now out. I'm sitting this week out and will reevaluate next week when it will be in the mid 80's. I have been tying more flies then I normally would this time because of the heat but I like tying flies so I can take them fishing and I'm just not going fishing. 

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

but then I found a tick on me so wading is now out.

Come on Nancy put on your big boy pants and get back out there 😛 lol

I know I know. Ticks, heat and broken nav lights never use to stop me but times change. Now my comfort has climbed it's way to the top of my overriding factors. 

I love the heat and humidity ... but it definitely puts a lid on fishing.  After having heat exhaustion, I just can't trust myself to be out there alone when the temps are near 100.  😩

Gotta go hit the big lakes and fish deep.

24 minutes ago, TIER said:

Gotta go hit the big lakes and fish deep.

Thats all nice and fine for the fish. I was more looking at it from..Its too damn hot for ME

It's so hot- fish are cooked before you net them; a dog was chasing a rabbit and they were both walking; the field of popcorn popped and the mule thought it was snowing, laid down and froze to death.