Fly Tying
chugbug27

Large Zap a Gap CA bottle...

Well, I splurged and bought the $10 large bottle Zap a Gap. Oops, should have stayed small, looks like.... No brush, just a snap on cap over a big dropper. There's a microtip but no cap for that. Can I put the microtip on and plug it with a pin, or will the CA dry up on me that way? Suggestions by anyone who has used the large bottle would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The little bottle usually dries up on me after the first use, and that’s with sealing things to the best of my ability.

BB

You can always decant some of that large bottle into a smaller one that comes equipped with a cap with brush but I learned long ago to only use smaller size CA glues since no matter what you do, when it finally kicks off on you - you lose whatever remains.

Even though I used lots of super glue as a commercial tyer I just couldn’t use it fast enough so the larger bottles were just wasted...

dont know if it will help with your glue  but i use liquid fusion and i store the bottle upside down [point down] and it helps alot

I’ve found this DAP Rapidfuse to be the most economical, long lasting CA glue.  It never seems to dry out in the bottle, has a pretty decent applicator and sticks good.  At less than $6 per bottle that lasts me more than a year and is good to the last drop, it is a bargain.

B2328F86-2BDE-4F6D-90F0-54C2FEE60F01.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Sandan said:

maybe a little too late but....

From what I gather my new $10 four oz bottle of zap a gap will be crystallized soon enough...

🤦

2 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

From what I gather my new $10 four oz bottle of zap a gap will be crystallized soon enough...

🤦

Sorry chugbug :(

Dollar Tree CA glue for flies. I turn pens and use a hand drill to clean out the nozzle of the small bottles of CA glue for pen finishes.

I've had my current 4oz bottle of stickfast flexible ca glue for over a year my bottle of medium is at 2+ years old both are still doing well. I did have to buy a new cap for the flex as I poked the old one with a bodkin.

Pick up some of these.
They don't clog as easily and just cut off a bit of the tip when it does clog.
hobbytown.com

bsi303(1).jpg
Kimo