hook - WFC Model 6 #6
thread - UTC 140 burnt orange
body - deer hair orange
thorax - Ice Dub rust
under wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
wing/head - deer hair

Regards,
Scott

First try at an articulated fly. Not the prettiest lookin thing but I'm sure a hungry Pike or bass might take a hit at it. I'm open to an advice on this one. On the stinger hook its just yellow and chartruse marabou then a small strip of zonker wrapped around the shank. Then I have a strand of 50lb mono connecting to two. On the leader hook I have a chartruse tail then more zonker then a thin strand of craft fur. Action on it is insane so I will defiantly fish it 🐟 

20200817_205028-01.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Landon P said:

First try at an articulated fly. Not the prettiest lookin thing but I'm sure a hungry Pike or bass might take a hit at it. I'm open to an advice on this one. On the stinger hook its just yellow and chartruse marabou then a small strip of zonker wrapped around the shank. Then I have a strand of 50lb mono connecting to two. On the leader hook I have a chartruse tail then more zonker then a thin strand of craft fur. Action on it is insane so I will defiantly fish it 🐟 

20200817_205028-01.jpeg

Something will hit that!

Hey everyone, I've been reading the forums since I started tying at the beginning of the year and finally decided it's time for me to post. Here's a few I've tied in the last few days. 

CJ.jpg

Rab.jpg

SD.jpg

12 hours ago, Landon P said:

Since you asked. It looks like you overdressed that fly. When all those materials get wet it's gonna be pretty heavy.  I'd say cut the amount of material you're using.  When I first started tying streamers, both articulated and non, I'd take a drive up to Charlie Craven's shop and compare mine with his. His were always sparser than mine. Sparser is better, you won't lose any action, in fact it'll probably improve the action. I mostly use 30lb braid or 19 or 47 strand Beadalon (you can get that at Hobby Lobby, etc.) wire to attach the stinger to the front hook, that said I pretty much always use a 6mm bead to separate the hooks and keep the stinger from "collapsing onto the front hook. I have no idea if 50lb will stop that but I'm throwing the idea out there.  All that being said, you did a good job. Remember perfect practice makes perfect.  Take a look at Kelly Galloup's site. He's an amazing tier and streamer guy his videos are chock full of tips.

Fischer’s October Caddis Skater (variation)

50240987857_4daa679855_c.jpg

50240130298_35e42620db_c.jpg

50240772816_00655fdb8b_c.jpg

50240130068_7424792a38_c.jpg

Not a huge fan of CDC on big bugs; swapped it out for polypropylene, which sheds water pretty well for me. Here’s his video if you’re interested.

hook - Dai Riki 280 #8
thread - UTC 140 burnt orange
rib - medium tinsel pearl
body - dubbing rusty orange
under wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
collar - Indian hen
wing/head - elk hair orange

Regards,
Scott

Black-Beetle-1080.jpg

Black Beetle

Hook - Dry fly style

Thread - Black

Back - Black foam

Body - Ice dubbing

Sighter - White foam cylinder

Legs - Black span flex

Just now, flytire said:

Black-Beetle-1080.jpg

Black Beetle

Hook - Dry fly style

Thread - Black

Back - Black foam

Body - Ice dubbing

Sighter - White foam cylinder

Legs - Black span flex

Nice! 

14 minutes ago, Sandan said:

Since you asked. It looks like you overdressed that fly. When all those materials get wet it's gonna be pretty heavy.  I'd say cut the amount of material you're using.  When I first started tying streamers, both articulated and non, I'd take a drive up to Charlie Craven's shop and compare mine with his. His were always sparser than mine. Sparser is better, you won't lose any action, in fact it'll probably improve the action. I mostly use 30lb braid or 19 or 47 strand Beadalon (you can get that at Hobby Lobby, etc.) wire to attach the stinger to the front hook, that said I pretty much always use a 6mm bead to separate the hooks and keep the stinger from "collapsing onto the front hook. I have no idea if 50lb will stop that but I'm throwing the idea out there.  All that being said, you did a good job. Remember perfect practice makes perfect.  Take a look at Kelly Galloup's site. He's an amazing tier and streamer guy his videos are chock full of tips.

Thank you Sandan. I will do as the wise on says lol

Olive-Balloon.jpg

Olive Balloon Caddis

Hook - Dry fly style

Thread - Olive

Tail - Amber antron yarn

Ribbing - Opal mirage tinsel

Body - Olive dubbing

Wing - Bleached elk hair or  natural deer hair

Head - Olive foam

Thorax - Olive dubbing

Im very proud of this one, I've been slowly working on it for the last few days and I finished it up today. I present the Rusty Rat 

20200818_121913-02.jpeg