Fly Tying
flytire

August Flies From the Vise

11 hours ago, retrocarp said:

spacer.png

Wow, what would you call that? Fireball Scud or maybe Atomic Scud. Pretty cool. I like it.

Sometimes your mind plays tricks on you and you see what you want to see. Case in point, yesterday I published a picture of a Colonel Fuller. Something in the the back of my mind kept nagging me. Something was  not quite right with the fly. After ten minutes comparing the fly to pictures on the internet  it finally dawned on me that the wings on the fly I had tied were yellow with an orange stripe. The Colonel Fuller, however, has yellow wings with a red stripe.

1588535752_ColonelFuller2.thumb.jpg.10bf79c36e6bfc97940aae7b4eef558d.jpg

I don't know why I kept seeing an orange when I was looking at red.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, Pbass said:

Kimo- Thank you for all of this information. I understand some but not all of it. I recognized right away the first time I saw one of your photos that you were not an average camera user. I have a professional Photographer in the family that has tried to teach me some things. I also have worked with a graphic arts team that did in house marketing Photos for the largest salad dressing company in the US.  So I have seen  been around it enough to recognize professional photos. And yours were undoubtedly professional. That said, hanging around with professionals does not make me one. LOL

And I do not have a macro lens or good lighting at all. I have an old Nikon D200 that I really enjoy and a D3300 that I use regularly. The photo was taken with the D3300.

What I do not understand is that My photo info shows 6000 x 4000. is that the same as 1200 x 800?  I was not really comparing my photo to your photos at all. I was comparing my original photo as it appears on my computer to the same photo after posted on the website. I am not sure why the photo is degraded on the website. I would think 6000 x 4000 would be big enough to expand. I don't know..

Thank you

C

3 minutes ago, Kimo said:

I think I mayy have a clue as to what is happening to your photos.
It has to do with how your photos are being hosted before sharing them on FTF.

I took a 6000 X 4000px photo and shared it to Facebook. Facebook compressed and it became 2048 X 1365px.
I then shared that link on FTF. FTF didn't compress it but left it at 2048 X 1365px.
 So it just depends who is "hosting" your photos.

For myself I compress them to 2048 X 1365 in Photoshop and post them to Facebook.
I then share that link on to FTF which doesn't do anything to them.

Hope this helps.

Kimo

It absolutely does help! Thank you so much for your help and time! 

Thanks again!

9 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Fireball Scud or maybe Atomic Scud.

Maybe Rosemary's Baby Scud? 

2 hours ago, Kimo said:

Just another nymph.
Incorporates many of the elements that I feel
make up an effective nymph in the waters I fish.

117445368_3520522944625655_8261288731092

Kimo

Kimo! Just another nymph! That thing looks like you just pulled it out of the river!

5 hours ago, Kimo said:

Just another nymph.
Incorporates many of the elements that I feel
make up an effective nymph in the waters I fish.

117445368_3520522944625655_8261288731092

Kimo

Kimo this will 100 percent catch countless fish!