Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RickZieger

Hurricain

Isaias appears to be a rain storm.  No real threat as far as forecasts can see. 

On the other hand, I hope those of you interested in such things  are watching the Science Channels for the splashdown of the Dragon Crew Capsule.  They're going to have a high altitude jet filming the re-entry.  For the first time, they're going to splashdown off the coast of Pensacola, in the Gulf!

Yep watched it all the way through from re-entry to them getting Doug & Bob out of the capsule. Such a great thing to be able to watch again, I'm so pleased to see us have a space program again. And from the looks of it every step of the mission seems to have went off without a hitch so that was also great to see.

Did you get your cement poured before the rains hit Mike?

Fortunately, no major rains hit.  Rain gauge says we got .34" of rain.  Less than a regular afternoon's rain.  The inspector rejected on Friday ... said we need a "compaction" test.  Got that done, so, hopefully, the inspector will be back tomorrow and they can get the concrete down early this week.

I hope to post pictures of the slab before I head off to Baltimore next Sunday.

Well Isaias hit us Tuesday, very little rain fast moving but strong gusty shearing winds. devastated the power grid with many tree related outages. I was out 4 days many others won't be restored until this coming week. The woods are a mess a lot of widow makers hanging, hoping for a heavy snow this year to bring some of them down before I have to start cutting. heading north tomorrow to check out my camper could not contact anyone and I'm parked in a nice grove of old pine's. :( 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this