Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
James

Fly on a bottle

I found this today and thought I would share and started to wonder what other spirit or other beverages might have fly fishing theme labels 

20200801_191905.jpg

12 minutes ago, James said:

Bourbon distilled in Washington state? Blasphemy! If it ain’t from Kentucky it’s not really bourbon.

Geez - not sure how my post ended up like a quote. Maybe I’ve had too much bourbon 🥃 already.

Edited by HookedOnFTF

I have a bottle of their Washington Wheat Whiskey. It's hard to find their Bourbon south of the Columbia.

7 hours ago, James said:

I found this today and thought I would share

Do you want my shipping address? Thanks in advance for sharing! :)  found this on the internet and a lot of craft beers, I don't drink so can not tell if any of them  are "good". Always wondered why so many of you in the northwest where limiting out on steelhead.  steehead.jpg.09ce4210795bf8c45c12da2d8d17b280.jpg

I bet they don't have that one in the PA State Stores.  Might have to make a trip to Delaware to see if they have at Total Wines.  I have a couple of beer bottles related to fishing.  One has a picture of a jumping trout.  I think it's called "Steelhead Ale", picked it up at Total Wines.  If I remember correctly it was a pretty decent ale.  My favorite one I do have a picture of.  Picked it up a fly fishing gathering near Lake Placid, a couple of Canadians attending had brought it.  It should resonate with anyone who fishes in the Northeast and Canada, and probably other parts of the country.

P5170582 (2).JPG

Philly steelhead is pretty decent for sure it's fairly common here, that bottle looks like the same company that makes trader Joe's yearly vintage ale along with a few others they stock there Fin demond is excellent so is the TJ vintage and it's cheaper.

Vicente

I was able to try it out last night for me it has just the right of sweetness with a taste of fruit peach and oak spice flavor and a bit of heat being higher in alcohol then most but it is a decent bourbon 

Vicente

I like the labels and how they have them flipped for me a good Stout or brown ale works

5 hours ago, James said:

Vicente

I like the labels and how they have them flipped for me a good Stout or brown ale works

I like those too browns less often, i feel like it's one of the beers they often don't put much effort into. I generally prefer ipas when it's hot out.