Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Hurricane report - south Florida, 2 August

A quick conditions report for folks out of the area... We pretty much got missed down here as of 8:10 Am Sunday, 2 August... not only along the Atlantic coast from the Keys up to Fort Lauderdale - but all of the backcountry areas including the Ten Thousand Islands.... Now if we can just make it through the end of October the fishing won't be affected at all by this year's hurricane season (I'm as good at wishful thinking as anyone else...).

Still, summer is our slowest season for visitors to the areas I fish - combine that with the virus and we're talking no guiding clients anywhere that have any interest at all in the 'glades, etc. but we'll get over it... The fishing forecast is pretty simple.   The fish in the Everglades coastal areas will just stay hungry but the conditions will be tough for anyone going after them.  September and October will be outstanding months -if we can stay hurricane free... 

"Be a hero... take a kid fishing.

Bob, That's good to hear!

I'm saying my prayers that hurricanes stay away this year. We can use some rain and some cooler temps here, but don't need the winds that accompany these storms. I guess we'll see what happens by Tuesday morning.