Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fish Finder

What happened to Dai-Riki Hooks?

COVID19? Govt. shutdowns of the economy? This is what's happening everywhere so im guessing fish hooks are not immune.

i remember forum postings asking that question last year. asking why certain hook models were no longer available

i'm only assuming but with all of the new tying hooks becoming the popular trend, maybe dai-riki became no longer relavent

otherwise, i dont know 😀

Hi perhaps you could try filling mill hooks or fly tying boutique  have some good books PWW designs have sourced some good hooks by UK suppliers hope this of some use or partridge hooks Tiemco  hope this helps 

I didn’t know they have had a problem. I actually have quite a few Dai-Riki hooks and love them. Very strong in both nymph and dry hooks and very sharp, not brittle and doesn’t bend easily. Yes there are plenty of others but Dai-Riki will be missed by me. 
Barry

They dropped from sight long before COVID.   They were also cheaper at least at the end of their run.