Fly Tying
flytire

Cleaning day....

14 hours ago, xterrabill said:

white on my desk, that's what I need, thanks gents, I will dig up something, I like the craft foam board idea too.

Tip of the day...get the foam board at the Dollar Store...for you guessed it...$1.00. That's what I do and it is the same as you will get at any of the office supply places.

Fly Tier, that is about how my desk looks after I have cleaned it.  I like your set up.  I had heard that a matt green desk was the ticket.  I think I read that in AK Best's book.  Anyway, great set up.

1 hour ago, SalarMan said:

Sandan - I do not tie with scissors in hand, just something I've never gotten into. Works for some folks, but not for me. The scissors are Dr. Slick "Bent Shaft Scissors" and for me at least...once I started using them I rarely use anything else. I have both the small arrow point and the heavier standard point versions. Well worth the money👍👌

Thank you

49 minutes ago, xterrabill said:

not sure my dollar store has it, I will be looking.

thanks!

We just got home from the Dollar Tree and they had it in the area with all the stationary supplies. Different thicknesses too.....

Salarman

That's a great looking old Gerstner chest you've got.  Current prices on those are out of sight.  I have one  just like yours but only five drawers.  New price on it is $1245.  I got mine at a public sale years ago for $15.

Dave,

My father was a machinist and that was his tool box. After he died I inherited the box, and as a fly tyer...need I say more?

10 hours ago, SalarMan said:

Tip of the day

they had it, also picked up some of those 7 day pill boxes (from another thread).

thanks again

12 hours ago, xterrabill said:

they had it, also picked up some of those 7 day pill boxes (from another thread).

thanks again

Always a pleasure...