Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #1 - Streamers - CLOSED AND ENDED

This swap is open to new and intermediate tiers.   This Swap is closed.

This is the first of a series of swaps I am offering for the fishing "off season".  It will be open for a minimum of 6 tiers and a maximum of 10 tiers.  This first in the series is for the STREAMER type of flies.  As far as this swap is concerned a "streamer" is a pattern tied on any hook that is 3 XL or longer and is made to mimic a fish fry/baitfish/minnow or crawfish or dragonfly nymph (the underwater part of it's life cycle - NO ADULT dragonflies please!).

All participants will receive a fly tying gift for participating.

Sign-up will end on October 1.  All flies must be received by October 31.  DO not forget your toetags!

If this is your first swap read the articles at the top of this forum section.  Any questions please feel free to PM me by clicking on my WWKimba name on this swap and you will be connected to write/send me a PM (private message).  Most important - HAVE FUN!

1 - John1986 - Bead-head Coho Bucktail - received

2 - BHouk - Pumpkinseed Fatal Attraction - received

3 - Stabgnid - received

4 - Chris_in_Louisiana - Rattle Fly - received

5 - 

6 - haziz - Woolly Bugger - received

7 - DarrellP - Carey Special - received

8 - gpnfishWW - EP Bluegill - received

9 - Swmalone - Mohair Leech -received

10 - vicente - Black Ghost - received

The next swap in this series is going to be NYMPH patterns, keep an eye out!  NOTE: You do NOT have to be part of this swap to join any of the upcoming swaps in this series.

ALL FLIES RECIEVED - will be in the mail by Tuesday, November 3rd.  Will be including pictures on this post.  Thank you all for some very nice flies!

Are you holding off for awhile before you let guys tying for many years but still intermediate? That's fine to try to get some guys in. Put an ad on the Beginner forum section and see if you can get some new blood into our swaps.

Nick

Only been tying about 12 years so with this group I may be a beginner. May I join?

Screen says I'm a beginner...

6 hours ago, vicrider said:

Are you holding off for awhile before you let guys tying for many years but still intermediate? That's fine to try to get some guys in. Put an ad on the Beginner forum section and see if you can get some new blood into our swaps.

Nick

Did that before posting this post.  Hmmm.  something about great minds!

2 hours ago, flytire said:

40 years tying 

is that intermediate?

I've seen your work!  If you consider yourself an intermediate then I'm still learning to tie my shoes!  Trying to open this for newer tiers so you can get some fresh talent for your next swaps.  If I don't get enough then I'll open to the 40 year "kids" in fly tying so the true newbies see what they can strive for.  Sound like a plan?

3 hours ago, Woodenlegs said:

I’ll watch and see if you need an extra been tying many years would base my tying as advanced 

Thanks for your offer.  Trying right now for the newer/intermediate tiers and those who may have taken a few years off and want to shake the rust or those who this may be their first swap.  Basically trying to drum up and encourage some new blood for future ties and get some experience at swapping.  I came from the Fly Anglers On-Line site and saw what can happen when there's becomes a divide between those new to tying/swapping and the old hands.  I will keep you in mind - it would be nice for the newbies to see what they can strive for.

1 hour ago, BHouk said:

Only been tying about 12 years so with this group I may be a beginner. May I join?

Screen says I'm a beginner...

Love to have you participate.  Thanks for your reply!

I was just having a little fun with you😀

please keep it open for new tyers

ill join other swaps later

I'm interested if I meet the qualifications.  I'd qualify myself as intermediate.  Learned to tie (poorly) as a child, but only got back into it about two years ago.  Not sure what I'd tie yet, but I can come up with a few options.

Chris