Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #1 - Streamers - CLOSED AND ENDED

3 hours ago, williams.christopherj said:

Perfect timing!  I left my warmwater box on my tailgate yesterday.  200+ flies lost somewhere along the highway.  This assortment will be my first step towards rebuilding it.  Excited to see what’s included.

Chris

That's quite bizarre.  I added the earlier comment assuming I was logged into my account.  Apparently my new iPhone logged into an account on here I never knew existed?  Guessing I set it up years ago on an old phone, forgot and the password was saved. 

2 hours ago, BHouk said:

Ouch!  What's missing?  Maybe we can throw a few extras your way...  

I appreciate it, but no worries.  Rebuilding the box will be a good project for me this winter. 

As for the contents, it was a mix of poppers, streamers, terrestrial patterns and nymphs I use locally for bass and panfish.

Chris

9 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

As for the contents, it was a mix of poppers, streamers, terrestrial patterns and nymphs I use locally for bass and panfish.

Chris

Let me, at least, suggest one for you.  I had a great year for large mouth bass with a Gray Goose Emerger.  I would not have expected the bass to take this fly let alone as much as they did.  It was a real soft take.  You didn't know they were there until you set the hook.  

On 11/6/2020 at 7:05 AM, BHouk said:

Let me, at least, suggest one for you.  I had a great year for large mouth bass with a Gray Goose Emerger.  I would not have expected the bass to take this fly let alone as much as they did.  It was a real soft take.  You didn't know they were there until you set the hook.  

I appreciate the recommendation!!  And will definitely tie a few up.  I've been surprised at how willing largemouth are to take smaller offerings.  I had an 18" delicately sip a #14 cricket pattern while fishing for longear sunfish in a small stream earlier this summer.  It was quite a surprise when I set the hook and something that size exploded from the water.

I actually started a separate thread if anyone else has any suggestions:

Looks like no pictures.  Having trouble getting the photo from my comp to this site!

Sorry!

Kim

A great looking group of streamers arrived in the mail this morning along with a few extras from Kim.  Big thank you to Kim for hosting and all of the tips!

Looking forward to the Nymph round!

Chris

streamer_swap.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments AND posting the pictures!  I enjoyed hosting the swap (my first in about 9 years!) and look forward to what you'll tie in the next in this series - Nymphs.

Kim

I have not received word from everyone that they received their flies as of yet.

Is anyone missing their flies from this swap??  If yes please let me know.

Kim