Fly Tying
vicrider

Never find it on my rod SWAP. ONE MORE NEEDED

There are a lot of different "flies" out there that many claim ain't flies and you'd never find it on their hook. While I was just tying up a few Mop flies and Blobs I got to thinking it's been awhile since we had a swap for them. Let's do a swap for something your purist neighbor won't ever tie on his tippet. There's several but what comes to mind is Mop Flies, Blobs, Wiggly worms, San Juan worms, foam bodied dry flies, Spider patterns, Spoon flies, Artificial Finger Nail flies, whatever you can think of that is legitimately a fish catcher but not in the normal category of flies tied. All the usual rules, SASE, toe tags, 12 flies per person if we can get a dozen in this swap, DEADLINE Oct. 1st. for mailing. Beginners always welcome. Added a couple of pics that have caught me fish. Blob, Mop, Pistachio Shelled June Bug, Crapping Crappie. Sorry about address but it's all there.

Nick Szabo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             PO Box 361                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Cheyenne, OK 73628

1. Breambuster ......Arrived

2. Woodenlegs ......Arrived

3. The Mad Duck.... Missing in Action - My fault - Hunt is on - Found

4. dogfacedoc .......Arrived

5. WWKimba........ .Arrived

6. JohnW1986.......Arrived

7. Rick Ziegler........Arrived

8. cphubert............Arrived

9. ChrisinLA (Not the flakey LA) ......Arrived

10. Flytire .............Arrived

11. FishingBob......Arrived

12. Stabgnid ........Arrived

You're always #1 on my lists.

ps...Just found a couple of good links on doing fake finger nail flies. Something someone may want to give a try.

Count me in!  I'll tie my FIRST fly that started me on the road I've been on now for almost 50 years now!  It doesn't require a fly hook, tying vice or tying thread!  And it's practically bullet proof!  I guarantee that a fly fisherman will lose more flies to their knot skills or back casts than the fish will wear out!  Sound good?

BTW bream knows what I'm going to tie!

Got me interested now WW. Only thing I can think of that fits that criteria is a rope fly for gar. Rest of you are in too.

NO WAY would any real fly fisherman put some abomination like that on the end of a tippet. Of course it would qualify. Hadn't even thought of the Sneaky Pete streamer but a spinner on either end might get you into a discussion with Ranger Rick on a fly only section. Does this mean you come up with something for our swap Norm?

You're in Rick. Above applies to your possible selection also. Whoops, you slipped in while I was typing Chris. You're in.

9 hours ago, vicrider said:

Got me interested now WW. Only thing I can think of that fits that criteria is a rope fly for gar. Rest of you are in too.

NOPE, no rope!  But it DOES include roof flashing.

WWKimba’s “device” is an ingenious little trick. You’re going to love it. I do suggest that you reread his original description. That’s all I will say. Beyond this point I will neither deny or confirm anything. It’s his secret and I won’t spoil it. 

BB