Fly Tying
vicrider

Never find it on my rod SWAP. ONE MORE NEEDED

12 hours ago, vicrider said:

Does this mean you come up with something for our swap Norm?

let me see if i still have a supply of the dangly parts before i commit to this swap

I think I’ll opt out of this swap

no gar in my area if that’s what I’m reading into this swap

Not at all Norm. If you've found the hardware I'd love to add a fly like yours to my box. Nothing to do with gar. I was just trying to figure the WWKimba fly he talked about. I know people use shredded white rope to gar fish but I've never done it. We do have some here and even have some of the 7' alligator gar down south of us. Not for me though. Would love to have you as always but will remove if you ask for sure. Looks like you're still thinking on it.

Flytire, since I’m the only one hear who knows about Kimba’s fly, let me assure you that it has nothing whatsoever to do with gar. I think it was designed more as a panfish fly, but I could imagine lots of fish looking at it and hitting out of curiosity if nothing else. Believe me, it’s a far cry from a frayed piece of rope. Hope you will reconsider. 

BB

17 hours ago, breambuster said:

WWKimba’s “device” is an ingenious little trick. You’re going to love it. I do suggest that you reread his original description. That’s all I will say. Beyond this point I will neither deny or confirm anything. It’s his secret and I won’t spoil it. 

BB

Thanks for the support bream!  I'll be sending you an added bonus on this swap for keeping my secret!

40 minutes ago, breambuster said:

Flytire, since I’m the only one hear who knows about Kimba’s fly, let me assure you that it has nothing whatsoever to do with gar. I think it was designed more as a panfish fly, but I could imagine lots of fish looking at it and hitting out of curiosity if nothing else. Believe me, it’s a far cry from a frayed piece of rope. Hope you will reconsider. 

BB

sorry but i'm still opting out

22 minutes ago, WWKimba said:

Thanks for the support bream!  I'll be sending you an added bonus on this swap for keeping my secret!

Mum’s the word, Kimba. Your secret is safe with me.

28 minutes ago, mikechell said:

He did say, "... no FLY hook ... ".  I'm not sure that means no hook at all.

Neither am I! :) 😉

The glass spider in daredevil color, also tied in yellow for corn. glass beads provide enough weight. I tied some for a friend for the shad run he fishes them for other fish also. Ready for the mail will post this week.

glassspider.jpg

My flies went out in the mail today.  With the way the postal service is working you should get them about one week after the election!  Nick, thanks for hosting such a fun swap!

Now let's get it filled up with a dozen members. If not and everyone does the dozen we'll just randomly get a few extras of somebody else's. Got some nice flies in today for the charity gifts and may end with 3 boxes of flies for them.